DHET gazette of QCTO withdrawal of OQSF Policy

Front Page Looking For… Quality Council for Trades & Occupations (QCTO) DHET gazette of QCTO withdrawal of OQSF Policy

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

I am sure that skills development practitioners will agree that skills development is complex, frustrating – but sometimes mildly amusing.

Catching up with my emails & outstanding documents to read, I discovered this.

Please see the attached documents.
      There is the single page from QCTO & the whole Government Gazette.
      GG 43732 no. 1014 scroll to page 6.
      The title tells you that it concerns a temporary withdrawal of the revised OQSF policy in GG 43602.

The gazette details as follows:
      * The QCTO OQSF policy was published on 31st July 2014 in GG37879.
      * The Revised QCTO OQSF policy was published on 2nd March 2020 in GG 43062 intended to replace the 2014 policy.
      * This notice temporarily withdraws GG 43062 with immediate effect – & GG 37879 remains in effect.

But does it?
      Was the March 2020 publication in:
      GG 43062 (in the body) or 43602 (in the heading)?

I checked – it actually was GG 43062 – attached.
      GG 43602 is from Forestry & Fisheries about Biodiversity & prevention of the spread of COVID under Disaster Management. But search the Government Printer site & it brings up this notice 1014, so it’s recognising the Title of the gazette notice.

It would be nice to have an explanation from QCTO about why it is temporarily withdrawn – and what is the expected duration of “temporarily”? I am sure that there is an explanation, which may be of interest to practitioners in their planning forward.
      Just after I posted this comment, I received the explanation – see further attachments from QCTO.

I don’t have the legal expertise to explain what the gazette text error means – is it the title or the body of the gazette text that counts? Maybe someone more qualified would enlighten me – and skills development practitioners.

Share on Social Media
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Oh good heavens. Let me download, and see this – I think I need a holiday (any sponsors welcome)

Share on Social Media
      Laura Klopper
      Participant

Thank you for sharing Sylvia! I am honestly trying to keep up but it is like an impossible maze the last few months – we just can’t keep up with all the published directives and gazetted documents (there are so many errors).

Share on Social Media
      Des Squire
      Participant

I refuse to be drawn on this one. All I can say is that I am not surprised.
      It really is time people in South Africa woke up and did what they are supposed to do in a professional manner.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thanks for the comments.

I am really grateful and pleased that Mr Thomas Lata of QCTO sent out the explanation for the temporary withdrawal. It makes so much difference if the public understand what is the purpose – what is intended and why.

That is why our legislation always has an explanation of the purpose – what is intended to be achieved.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

Thank you so much Sylvia! Mr Lata always explains things in easy ways that are understandable to all!

Share on Social Media
      Ang Gibbons
      Participant

Thank you very much Sylvia. I do hope that it is a short withdrawal as the revised sub-framework is so beneficial.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media