Department of Employment and Labour (DEL) has released gazettes, under the Basic Conditions of Employment Act (BCEA), effective 1 March 2021 on:
* the revised Earnings Level – that is the BCEA level, over which overtime is not legally required (it may still be required under other contractual arrangements);
* the revised National Minimum Wage (NMW) levels.
The NMW levels are determined for:
* general employees,
* for farm workers,
* for domestic workers, and
* for Expanded Public Works Programmes.
Skills development rates for learners on Learnerships are set out in Schedule 2.
The gazette also includes and updates:
* Sectoral Determination 1 – Contract Cleaning, and
* Sectoral Determination 9 – Wholesale and Retail.