Completing your Workplace Skills Plan

Front Page Looking For… Skills Development Facilitators Completing your Workplace Skills Plan

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Des Squire 2 months ago.

• Author

Des Squire
    Participant

The Workplace skills plan (WSP) is intended to document skills needs in a company and to describe the range of skills development interventions that the company will use to address these needs.

A WSP must be developed and submitted every year in order to comply with current Skills Development legislation. The WSP will normally be compiled by a registered skills development facilitator (SDF) or other qualified person and submitted to the SETA.
    By complying with legislative requirements a company is granted access to the various SETA grants available for skills training.

Compiling a WSP which takes into account the needs of the company, the learner, the EE considerations and so on is of vital importance to ensure training is offered that is beneficial and meaningful to all. By including the correct training in the WSP you are more likely to be able to recoup some of the rapidly diminishing Skills levies.

The purpose of this one day intervention is to assist HR Practitioners, Skills Development Facilitators and other interested parties to understand their role and to help them in the development of a professional plan that will meet both SETA and EE requirements. A professional WSP requires the inclusion of information and input gained from a variety of sources including learners, managers, training staff, SETA’s and Industry players.

The objective of the workshop will be to deal with the various topics outlined while at the same time encourage open dialogue and exchange between the delegates. Due to the variety of SETA’s and varying requirements the workshop will be conducted on a generic basis and assistance will be offered to deal with individual problems and concerns as far as possible.

Workshops will be held in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg during February and March. Contact me for more information

Share on Social Media

Tamsin Oosthuizen
    Participant

Hi Des

Quick Question; can you as an employer submit your own WSP & ATR, or does a qualified SDF have to do so on your behalf?

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

You can do it yourself but would have to record yourself as the SDF. There is no need to employ an SDF. If you need anything further do not hesitate to make contact.

Share on Social Media

Debbie Oliver
    Participant

true BUT it is so much easier to use a SDF and supporting their services would be appreciated.

Share on Social Media

Caroline Ndebele
    Participant

When is the next workshop

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Unfortunately I have not planned on due to lack of response

Share on Social Media

Wanga Jafta
    Participant

Hi Des,

Can you please share withme your private e-mail address

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi to all – just an additional thought – a while back when submitted a WSP to a SETA I had not used before, I had to apply to be the SDF on their form and wait to be accepted.
    So it is always good to check with the SETA you are planning to submit to.

Share on Social Media

Simphiwe Mdikane
    Participant

Hi Des.
    We are interested to attend. How do we register?

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Wanga, You can send me a private message on this forum. Just click on my name and the option will appear.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Simphiwe
    I will probably organise one or two for January if numbers permit.

If you send me an e-mail address (use private option) I will include you in circulation.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media