CETA

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bridgette Hattingh
    Participant

Hi All,

Does anyone on here know what is happening at CETA? I am 18 months into the accreditation process. I was just about to get my accreditation and then lockdown happened.

They are apparently not answering any calls or emails at the moment. Are they closing shop now during lockdown? Are they working from home? Should we expect no action for a few months? I would just love to know if anyone is getting any communication from them?

Share on Social Media
    Kevin Nkomo
    Participant

Hi,

They are working at home. Been sending emails past 2 weeks but noone responses. Had they done a site visit as yet ?

Bridgette Hattingh
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback Kevin. Yes, they did my site visit earlier this year on 29 January. It’s been a very long wait.

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Hi Bridgette,
    Business as usual for CETA, their process has always been and is painfully slow and appears designed to limit access to accreditation. Shortly before lockdown, Minister Nzimande dismissed the Board and placed CETA under administration. I have previously reported this to QCTO as the delegating authority but it seems CETA manage to slither out of tight corners by generally misrepresenting the true situation.

If you feel it warrants attention, address your problem to QCTO with evidence of documents, mails and time delays.

Bridgette Hattingh
    Participant

Hi Nigel,

Thanks so much. This is very good advice.

Appreciate the help as I feel I’m hitting dead ends the whole time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media