Career in Educational Development

Front Page Looking For… Youth Careers Personal Development EQ Career in Educational Development

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sylvia hammond 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Jacobus Burger
    Participant

Good day

Is there any insight into career paths.

Being an Assessor Moderator, what would be the next step.

At the end of the day I would like to compile learning plans and construct modular workshops to train the candidate towards certain Unit Standards.

Will that entail that I do SDF?

And how far can you take this career path?

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Jaco,

The SDF is more involved in the compliance requirements of implementation of the programmes.  So I’m not sure how relevant that would be to you for development of learning plans and workshops.

Share on Social Media

Corne Erasmus
    Participant

Hi Jaco

Instructional design competencies may serve you well in  achieving your objective of designing and developing learning strategies and content. Facilitating learning competencies may provide the insight into adult learning and the effective delivery of learning.

Three unit standards relevant to instructional design are:

1. 123396 – Define target audience profiles and skills gaps.

2. 123401 – Design outcomes-based learning programmes.

3. 123394 – Develop outcomes-based learning programmes.

The standards relevant to learning delivery are:

1. 117871 – Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies.

2. 123397 – Evaluate a learning intervention using given instruments.

These standards form part of the NC: OD ETDP (50334). 

Share on Social Media

Jacobus Burger
    Participant

Thanks, that was helpful.

I will review those UN’s

Share on Social Media

Jacobus Burger
    Participant

Thanks,

I am not sure how to move forward from being a Moderator, I also do not want to do IT Support for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the insight.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media

One thought on “Career in Educational Development

• Bongani Khonjwayo (BK)

I am touched by this brief and incisive contribution. Jealous that such a profound comment should be read only by a few people who are subscribed to Skills Universe, may I request that it finds its way to news papers such as Sunday Times with a view to reach a wider audience. Yes, apartheid has damaged our land and peoples’ perception about themselves and others of different races, but I seem to think that our current political system is not yet addressing oneness or unity. Even though political parties are making inroads into communities in which they were previously regarded as enemies, even that is not driven from a value based judgment of oneness but on what a voter is made to think what this or that party can do for me as opposed to for the South African nation. Some parties indeed preach “simnye” “we are one” in their posters when contesting for elections, but when you look closely into their actual practice, “simnye” becomes a fad. I am almost fully persuaded that a reasonable news paper editor can find inestimable value in publishing a piece of this kind. Brian, you have my vote man!

Comments are closed.