Can SDPs living in another country retain registration status?

Front Page Looking For… Training Service Providers Can SDPs living in another country retain registration status?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Petra Penninkhoff 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

I have been asked a question I cannot answer:-
    can an SDP who is registered, and accredited for facilitation, and who is also a qualified assessor – retain their status if they move out of South Africa?

As I understand they would be resident outside the country, but are still interested in making a contribution to the implementation of skills development.

So the question covers:

• SDP company registration with DHET
    • Accreditation with a SETA and/or QCTO for qualifications, or part qualifications or skills programmes,
    • and registration with a SETA/QCTO as a subject matter expert assessor.

I hope that I have correctly stated this – and would be interested to hear comments from skills-universe members. Please correct me if I have stated this incorrectly.

Membership of skills-universe is definitely still available.

Share on Social Media

Des Squire
    Participant

I cannot say emphatically that the answer is yes but I can only assume that once all registration requirements are met and are renewed as and when required then there should be no problem. Transparency would be an important consideration, in that the provider should advise the relevant parties of their place of residence. I believe it is the ability of the provider to perform and deliver the service that is important and not the place of residence. So if everything you have outlined above is adhered to then i see no problem. This however is just my opinion.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Thank you Des, I agree as I don’t see anything indicating that participants must be SA citizens or residents. So if they can make a contribution I believe we should welcome it.

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Thank you Des and Sylvia.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media