Black Friday Tutorial

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bronwyn Newman
    Keymaster

I was not sure what I had to expect when jumping on this bandwagon for Black Friday Craze. 

Excitement is an understatement of how I felt saving on groceries with the school holidays soon approaching.

Step One: Game plan – I cleverly put in half day. Thinking to get a head start would be advantageous.

Step Two: Get your teenage daughter to join you. This will expand your shopping locations to get those ridiculous sales in the various ailses.

Step Four: Be prepared for disappointment. The empty shelves is a common occurrence and can cause immediate sadness and regret for not being their at 7am.

Step Five: Be prepared for crowds and pushing and moaning when the cokes truck arrives. I battled for 1 hour trying to get cokes. The crowds was a bit over the top with the forceful behavior and not even allowing the staff to get the cokes out of the dispatch door for fear of not receiving this special.  Step away slowly you could possibly get hurt, bruised and insulted. As for my cokes I refuse to partake in that kind of grabbing and shoving and thought to myself, Seriously? its just cooldrink so what.

I personally will NOT join in on this craze that has been brought over by yet another American tradition. It brings about violence, impatience, rudeness, greed and disrespect for the next shopper.

I feel the shopping centers should just have there normal competitive sales and not create this hype that causes shoppers to loose there mind and morals and respect. 

The mind set that comes along with Black Friday is like it is the Apocalypse THE End of Days is approaching, fight for survival.

We don’t need this kind of behavior to get any worse that what it is was on the 27 November 2015. 

Where does Black Friday come from: 

Black Friday is the name given to the shopping day after Thanksgiving. It was originally called Black Friday because so many people went out to shop that it caused traffic accidents and sometimes even violence.

The name was first recorded in 1966 by Earl Apfelbaum, a dealer in rare stamps. In his ad, he said, “‘Black Friday’ is the name that the Philadelphia Police Department gave to the Friday following Thanksgiving Day.

Share on Social Media
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media