Assessor rates.

Front Page Looking For… The Help Desk Assessor rates.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Derrick Sales 5 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

I have been assessing W&R learnerships for a Johannesburg based company for over a year. I am receiving a further contract for a year, but are still not sure what the rate per POE should be? Does it vary from province to province, or would it be the same?

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

As far as I know market conform rates are R 500 per POE. Obviously the more POEs of the same US the lower your rate can be. I recently quoted R 300 per POE per US

Share on Social Media

Thank you Petra. So if I am the Facilitator and Assessing my own work, do I charge for assessing or would that be included in my daily rate? This is W&R learnerships. I assess my group and then 3 other groups in the country 3 times during the learnership. After Fundamentals, then after the Core modules and lastly the Electives. Every time I am getting R200 per POE. Does it sound right?

Share on Social Media

Dave Muir
    Participant

Pieter, I try and explain to my candidates who ask me the same question in my training workshops. You should be guided by two parameters, firstly the NQF level (which is an indication of the difficulty of the content) and the number of credits (loosely related to the volume of the work being undertaken. However, at the end of the day your rate should be governed by the laws of supply and demand.

Share on Social Media

Derrick Sales
    Participant

Pieter, I also battled with this for a longtime, don’t know why people are so secretive about this issue. I tried many different formulas, but ultimately what has worked for me is a basic daily rate for facilitation alone, in the regions of R1800.00 to R2000.00 per day, a higher rate if they would like assessments included in daily rate, R2300.00 to R2500.00 depending on how many learners, or R115.00 per US for any and all assessments. If the module consists of 5 US that would equate to R575.00 a PoE per learner.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media