Advertisement

By sylviahammond, 27 August, 2016

Good day to skills-universe members,

All the members who read my messages will know that I've been requesting people to re-post their "looking for" requests in the Vacancies and Discussion section.  99% of members when asked to re-post went along with my requests but this week one member sent a chirpy response that he was no longer receiving service from skills-universe.

Always open to criticism, I considered how to make this easier and I have worked out how to change the format of the Vacancies & Discussion section.  Now when you click there all the Categories show down the side, and I have changed the order, so now:

• the first one is for Vacancies, you have a vacancy - permanent or temporary, or you have a project and you are looking for assessors, or facilitators, etc. or you want someone to partner with you in a project, or you are looking for people to join a learnership project;
  • the second one is people who are available, that is they are SDFs, assessors registered against certain unit standards or qualifications, or they are skilled facilitators looking for conference work, or they can prepare materials to your specification;
  • the third one is for people looking for training materials, or help with obtaining accreditation;
  • the fourth one is people who offer accreditation services, or have materials for sale.

There are 22 Categories, but let's see familiarise ourselves with the top 4 first.

Remember you can still

• sort by: latest activity, newest discussion, or most popular (most responses), and
  • search using the search box, so if you are in the Vacancies you can still enter the word "assessor" for example, to bring up posts looking for assessors. 

Good luck in your "looking for" activities. 

Amakhosi lost last night and Liverpool last week - so let's hope the weekend improves. 

sylvia

Advertisement

Copyright: Portal Publishing (Pty)Ltd | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Skills Portal | Careers Portal | Jobs Portal | Bursaries Portal | Skills Universe
About us | Contact us
Portal PublishingPress Council