Are you aware of our e-Skills development strategy & e-Skills Institute?

Front Page Looking For… Education, ECD, Post-school Education & Training Are you aware of our e-Skills development strategy & e-Skills Institute?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Sadly this email address does not seem to be working.  BUT, you can try this one and chat to Marius.

marius@doc.gov.za   OR you can look at the Dept of Comms website and under Special Projects you will find info about the Institute.  Focus at this stage on ICT and Comms skills – working with 5 varsities.  Hope this helps

http://www.doc.gov.za  then click on Special Projects and select eSkills 

Hannes Nel
    Participant

Nope, don’t know them.

Thanks Colleen – I’ll follow up – and I think a group for us to share knowledge and research on this relevant area will be good – so I’ll start one shortly.

Who would like to give me an explanation of the difference between e-skills and e-learning?  Is there a difference?  If so what?

Hi there

From having spoken to Marius at the e Skills Institute, they aim to be like a ‘university’ but at this stage their only focus is on ICT and communications.  They do not foresee venturing into other areas at this stage – their view is that all need some computer skills in this day and age and communication skills are also essential – so things like corporate governance etc are their current focus.

From a terminology point of view I don’t believe that there is any difference as e simply means electronic.  
    e-Learning has been the term around for some time and broadly covers all aspects of what can be learnt via a computer or from downloading and then getting online help.  I guess that the e-Skills was a marketing term to distinguish the Institute from other learning areas/providers.  Perhaps in time when they are seen as an electronic university this will be a brand thing.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “Are you aware of our e-Skills development strategy & e-Skills Institute?

• Andrea Mammes

I have always said Mamphele Ramphele for president!! If only the powers that be will listen to this brilliant albeit lone voice in the desert, we could really attain that greatness.

Comments are closed.