Are you aware of our e-Skills development strategy & e-Skills Institute?

Front Page Looking For… Education, ECD, Post-school Education & Training Are you aware of our e-Skills development strategy & e-Skills Institute?

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

This is totally new to me.  I would like more info on this, as we are having a SDF Meeting with all universities soon.  I wonder why these initiatives are not more broadly advertised?  Thanks for making us aware of this, Sylvia.  Hope we will get some input from those that are involved in this.

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

This is totally new to me.  I would like more info on this, as we are having a SDF Meeting with all universities soon.  I wonder why these initiatives are not more broadly advertised?  Thanks for making us aware of this, Sylvia.  Hope we will get some input from those that are involved in this.

I am aware of the E-Skills Institute, and in fact attended the Summit when it was held in Cape Town. It’s a great idea in concept, but progress is SO SLOW!

Hi Moira, please tell us more about the e-Skills conference.  Were there papers presented, and are they available?

There were lots of papers presented, and also Workgroups who worked on a particular aspect of E-Skills. They should be available on the E-Skills website – otherwise I can look for the post conference report and share it will you.

I made myself a little unpopular at the conference (hosted by DoC), because I am of the firm belief that there should be a Minister of ICT in South Africa. DoC should concern themselves with Broadcasting and Telecomms infrstructure and policy. We are probably the only country in Africa that does not have a Ministry of ICT, and that’s whay ICT policay does not enjoy the prominence that it must if we are to become a global competitor! Of course DoC took a dim view of this idea!

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “Are you aware of our e-Skills development strategy & e-Skills Institute?

• Andrea Mammes

I have always said Mamphele Ramphele for president!! If only the powers that be will listen to this brilliant albeit lone voice in the desert, we could really attain that greatness.

Comments are closed.