Are training costs getting out of hand? Can they be justified?

Front Page Looking For… Education, ECD, Post-school Education & Training Are training costs getting out of hand? Can they be justified?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Des Squire
    Participant

Many providers are increasing their rates for training to such an extent they have become prohibitive. Surprisingly some can even offer lucrative incentives to entice learners to attend.

Training costs range from as little as R750 per person per day to somewhere in the region of R2500 and more per day for the same unit standard based programme. This I seriously question as I am sure you do?

Company management wants to know the money they are spending on training is well spent. They want to know they are getting sufficient return on their training investment (ROI).

The situation has deteriorated to the extent that many companies can no longer afford to train their staff. I feel it is time we as providers had a good look at what we are charging? The value of training is contained in the quality of the material and the feffectiveness of the facilitator and not on the financial value placed on training individual learners as appears to be the case.

HR practitioners appear to think training, if it is reduced to say R800 per person per day, is of an inferior quality. Nothing could b further from the truth.

Share on Social Media

What’s the going range for a facilitator per day?

Des Squire
    Participant

Hi Kaybee

Anything from R1500 per day to R6500 per day – there is no standard and no fixed rate. I have even been quoted R10000 for one day.

AMEN Des!!!

Anonymous

I do agree training has become so expensive that companies no longer afford to train their staff. Evertime when I get a quote from a service provider I just want to scream.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media

One thought on “Are training costs getting out of hand? Can they be justified?

• Glenda Wendy Shuttleworth

I am a transformation trainer, assessor, moderator and verifier for various setas and corporate, for more years than I care to admit J.  I am an author of “your soul puzzle” and a coach and counsellor.  I believe in our country and our people and have been looking for a way to integrate performance management effortlessly with seta needs, with minimal work from the employees. To help employers keep the focus on productivity while developing their employees and meeting seta needs.  Tiger, our HR, next generation, REAL time performance management and performance improvement, seta accredited system is now patented. Tiger helps by tracking workplace and can be used to gather information for RPLing!!!!!!!!!  Ride a Tiger to success!!!

Comments are closed.