Advertisement

Are training costs getting out of hand? Can they be justified?

By dessquire, 25 July, 2012

Many providers are increasing their rates for training to such an extent they have become prohibitive. Surprisingly some can even offer lucrative incentives to entice learners to attend.

Training costs range from as little as R750 per person per day to somewhere in the region of R2500 and more per day for the same unit standard based programme. This I seriously question as I am sure you do?

Company management wants to know the money they are spending on training is well spent. They want to know they are getting sufficient return on their training investment (ROI).

The situation has deteriorated to the extent that many companies can no longer afford to train their staff. I feel it is time we as providers had a good look at what we are charging? The value of training is contained in the quality of the material and the feffectiveness of the facilitator and not on the financial value placed on training individual learners as appears to be the case.

HR practitioners appear to think training, if it is reduced to say R800 per person per day, is of an inferior quality. Nothing could b further from the truth.

Advertisement

Copyright: Portal Publishing (Pty)Ltd | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use
Skills Portal | Careers Portal | Jobs Portal | Bursaries Portal | Skills Universe
About us | Contact us
Portal PublishingPress Council