Appointment of CEO at Financial Services SETA (FASSET)

Front Page Looking For… SETA ISSUES Appointment of CEO at Financial Services SETA (FASSET)

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

The board of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) has appointed Lesego Lebuso, current COO, to perform the duties of the Fasset CEO with immediate effect and until further notice.

A number of staff changes have been recommended based on audit findings that have highlighted areas requiring further investigation.

Due process has thus far been followed with the implementation of these changes and the Fasset board is committed to completing the necessary processes with transparency and in the best interest of all Fasset stakeholders.

Fasset remains committed to serving its sector by honouring the mandate of supporting the objectives of the Skills Development Act by facilitating the achievement of world-class finance and accountancy skills.

Share on Social Media

This is a surprise Chery James has been doing a great job.

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Hi Heather,

Yes, I haven’t had anything to do with FASSET for quite some time, but I always regarded it as the top SETA.

Share on Social Media
      Janelle Gravett
      Participant

I agree that this is rather strange.  Cheryl James has always been held in high regard as a SETA CEO and FASSET has done particularly well under her guidance.

Share on Social Media
      Des Squire
      Participant

Wow – that a surprise. If all SETA’s were run as well we might be able to get places. I wonder how many others are being investigated? Life is full of surprises.

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

All Seta’s go through audits every year.  There are times that three different audits run at the same time, a very stressful time in a seta.  It doesn’t always mean that when a COO is appointed to perform the duties of the CEO, that the CEO is being investigated or suspended.  The CEO could be assisting in an investigation and not able to perform daily duties.  Let’s give the CEO the benefit of the doubt, and wish her good luck!

Share on Social Media
      sylvia hammond
      Keymaster

Thank you for the clarification Lynel

Share on Social Media
      Lynel Farrell
      Keymaster

No problem Sylvia.  I personnally experienced where a COO was appointed to perform the duties of the CEO, where the CEO was ill, overseas on business, on leave.  Sometimes we think of the worst case scenario, but sometimes it is just the opposite.  In this specific case, I do not know the reason, but in time it will be clearly communicated.  There are no other memo’s, information, news, reason, articles, press releases on this issue or appointment.  I had a look under the DHET, Fasset, Parliamentary Monitoring Group website, but there’s nothing. 

Share on Social Media
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Share on Social Media