Accrediting an LMS platform with various Setas

Front Page Looking For… Accreditation Processes Accrediting an LMS platform with various Setas

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kate Sani 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author

Lindsay Calder
    Participant

Hi, I wanted to find out the process as to how I would get an LMS platform/system accredited by various Setas. What would be my starting point and what would the process involve.

Thanks, Lindsay

Share on Social Media

Nigel Shipston
    Participant

Hi Lindsay,
    As far as I am aware, SETA’s don’t accredit LMS platforms/systems. Most of the SETA’s have their own systems which training providers are expected to align with for uploading purposes. Provider LMS’s need to address the particular requirements of their respective SETA, many of whom are using a highly dodgy and user unfriendly system from one of the big name brand companies. Training providers are at liberty to choose whatever LMS they like (there are a number currently available), as long as it addresses the SETA upload requirements and the providers operation.

At this stage it may be better to look at a system that will comply with QCTO requirements, bearing in mind that they will eventually be in control of all these processes.

Share on Social Media

Kate Sani
    Participant

Dear Lindsay. Are you referring to an LMS for e-learning? If so, each SETA “accredits” / approves on a case by case basis on the receipt of your application for Provider accreditation and/or Programme accreditation.

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media