Accreditation

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Zukiswa Baqwa-Mdletye 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author

I received a notification from Sseta that Platform​ Entrepreneurial Hub Company had listed me as their Assessor. I don’t remember sending them my documents. I phoned seta for contact details of the company, but they refuse. How can I get this company’s details as I can’t find it on Google

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

The LMIS home page (before you log in)does not list them as a provider (you can check by clicking on the 3 parallel lines in the top right on that hope page, under skills development provider). So seems like it that they are trying to get accreditation,and found you listed as an assessor. As long as they do not have a recently certified copy of your ID, a signed SLA with you, your ETQA reports nor recently certified copies of your qualifications they don’t have anything and their accreditation (in principle) should be rejected.

You ar listed on the LMIS as an assessor, with your email. Hence it is their loss if they do not contact you.

So I would say do not worry.

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Zukiswa and thanks for your response Petra.
    I would suggest an additional action – to send a letter on your letterhead to the Services Seta CEO copy to the QCTO CEO – indicating that you believe that your name has been used without your permission. Indicate the name of the provider and the details of why you are raising the concern.

It is important to have an evidence trail that you brought this to the Services Seta and QCTO attention.

Regards sylvia

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Thanks for that addition Sylvia. Zukiswa, also keep the email that you got from the Services Seta. (That email is an automated response from the LMIS, when someone tries to get accredited and picks out moderators and assessors from the lists of registered ones. It happened to me as well)

Share on Social Media

sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Petra
    Do I understand correctly?
    The Seta has a system that lends itself to this problem happening?

Share on Social Media

Thank you very for the response,

Share on Social Media

Ntokozo Sibiya
    Participant

Hi Zukiswa,

I am from Platform Entrepreneurial Hub. There must have been a mistake. I apologise for the inconvenience. Please contact me at n.sibiya@webmail.co.za

Share on Social Media

Ntokozo Sibiya
    Participant

We hired a service provider to complete the accreditation process for us. The names we put forward for assessor and moderator definitely did not include yours. We do not even have your ID copy or an SLA agreement, so I am not sure why SSETA would list you as our assessor. I will follow up on this.

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Hi Sylvia,
    Sorry no, that is not what I meant.
    When you seek accreditation or extension of scope, you do that on the Services SETA LMIS.
    Once you have entered the names of the qualifications or Unit Standards, you have to identify the facilitators, assessors and moderators you want to work with for each qualification or for each US.

Then you enter the ID of the facilitator/assessor/moderator and if they are registered as such with the Service SETA the systems confirms their ID and name and then sends an automated mail to that person, to check whether he/she has an SLA with the provider seeking accreditation. If the assessor/moderator is not registered for the specific qual or US, the LMIS system will reject it.

HOWEVER, if you do not have an assessor/moderator yet, you can search the LMIS to find one. At the homepage there is a SEARCH tab where you can look for assessors or moderators (or training providers). You simply give the US or qualification ID, indicate in which province you need them and the systems gives you a list of names of assessors/moderators, their email adresses and IDs as well as the period for which they are registered.

Now I come to this point, i realize that, it could potentially lead to some problems. But that is only when the identified assessor/moderator, does not read the automated email. However to actually get your application approved, you have to upload all your accreditation docs, materials AND your SLAs. If you do not upload all what is needed, than the evaluator will call you or mail you to say that something is missing. And that your application will not be approved unless you have submitted all the documents (at leas in my case that happened)

What I find strange however, is that the assessor does not receive the contact details of the training provider. It should be in that email. I remember that my mentee got such a call, while we were trying to get her on the LMIS.

Share on Social Media

Petra Penninkhoff
    Participant

Hi Zukiswa,

Hurray for Skills Universe. There are so many relevant members, that your problems gets solved this way.

Share on Social Media

Ntokozo Sibiya, I have been waiting for your response, please contact me

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media