A Dream Too Bold to Behold

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Skills Universe 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

There is new talk of encouraging business entrepreneurship in schools across the country.  That a new policy initiative will focus on building an entrepreneurial culture amongst the broader spectrum of our population. That informed efforts are to be made to turn around the entrenched negative perceptions about business and profits amongst educators and the youth.

It is rumored the Minister of Education and the head of ANCYL will stand together at the opening ceremony and make an unambiguous announcement about the positive impact of business.  They are to affirm the view of the World Business Council for Sustainable Development that most businesses benefit society simply by doing business…they meet customers needs for cheaper and better goods and services…they create jobs…they pay wages and salaries…they provide for employees and families through pensions and health plans…they innovate to create products that contribute to human progress…they pay taxes that fund public services and infrastructure… they create work for millions of suppliers, many of them small- and medium-sized enterprises…they generate profits for shareholders, many of whom are small investors and members of retirement funds….and that when businesses make a profit, it is an indication that they have already given something back to the community.

Rather that constantly striving to regulate and transform business, government and the DOE is to spearhead a massive public campaign to promote entrepreneurship in South Africa as a most honorable profession for the youth?

Aaaaaaah well!! Perhaps not : ). 

Share on Social Media

Anonymous

As i suggested we should in one of my last posts!

Share on Social Media

This I got to see!!!!!! This from the SAKP & ANCYL that wants to nationilize mines? I would be extremely surprized but happy if this would happen.

Share on Social Media

The first sentence of the second parapgraph gave it away……. !!!

Share on Social Media

Rufaz M Mavhure
    Participant

It sounds a noble idea.Courses like:Business Management;Small Enterprise management;Management of Change;Financial Management will be of grate help to learners.For this to be successful learners should start from classroom set up (theory and practicals) before being thrown in the dip end.Remember we still need workers for the so called business to grow.Not everyone should be a businessman!

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

It sounds good but the question is, did they mean entrepreneur or they wanted to say tenderpreneur?. I don’t want to get my hope’s high…………

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

It sounds good but the question is, did they mean entrepreneur or they wanted to say tenderpreneur?. I don’t want to get my hope’s high…………

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

So would I
    Johan van der Merwe said:

This I got to see!!!!!! This from the SAKP & ANCYL that wants to nationilize mines? I would be extremely surprized but happy if this would happen.
    Share on Social Media

Its only a dream Jan

Jan Beeton said:

The first sentence of the second parapgraph gave it away……. !!!
    Share on Social Media

We already have these kind of courses at schools as part of Business Studies. Much greater emphasis should be given to the advantages and achievements of market economies and private enterprise so that these can be appreciated by all for what they do. That is something all schools – including rural schools could do. Entrepreneurial skills development for all however is a different proposition.

Marufu M Mavure said:

It sounds a noble idea.Courses like:Business Management;Small Enterprise management;Management of Change;Financial Management will be of grate help to learners.For this to be successful learners should start from classroom set up (theory and practicals) before being thrown in the dip end.Remember we still need workers for the so called business to grow.Not everyone should be a businessman!
    Share on Social Media

Only joking. No chance that the head of the communist party and his associate would have much good to say about the virtues of the capitalist economic system and business enterprise. Truth is though that unless and until the leadership gets behind it on a massive scale – not much is going to change. We have to shift a lot of attitudes and perhaps that should be the new primary focus for business education in schools.

lufuno said:

Share on Social Media

What could help ease off the skepticism including the”I know, I told you so, it won’t work” mentality for it to become a reality, or is it an embedded mentality in us that keeps us from moving forward even with the best of intentions?

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I wander where did their adopt this plan, sicne they adopted OBE after it failed in China.
    It’s a great plan i must say, but those guys are full of promises.What’s next, misused bugdet for the funding of the plan.

Brian Moores-Pitt said:

Only joking. No chance that the head of the communist party and his associate would have much good to say about the virtues of the capitalist economic system and business enterprise. Truth is though that unless and until the leadership gets behind it on a massive scale – not much is going to change. We have to shift a lot of attitudes and perhaps that should be the new primary focus for business education in schools.

lufuno said:

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I wander where did their adopt this plan, sicne they adopted OBE after it failed in China.
    It’s a great plan i must say, but those guys are full of promises.What’s next, misused bugdet for the funding of the plan.

Brian Moores-Pitt said:

lufuno said:

Share on Social Media

Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Brian Moores-Pitt said:

lufuno said:

Share on Social Media

Rufaz M Mavhure
    Participant

Subjects done in schools today have little or no practicals.I remember doing Cambridge O levels in the late 80s .One had to have at least 2 practical subjects among Metal work;Agriculture;Woodwork;Fashion and Fabrics; Food and Nutrition. Then, if we add theoretical subjects like Business Management;Commerce,Accounts those who go in business will do well practically and theoratically.ANCYL should advocate for more practical subjects first.

Brian Moores-Pitt said:

lufuno said:

Share on Social Media

Very noble, very nice..an exellent idea..but, its hands on practical training that is needed on how to impliment ideas, like projects executed a-z. Maybe the kids at school can teach the adults a thing or two. (about ethics too) Something the government have yet to learn, not everything should be about how they can direct money into their own back pockets.
    The parties involved make it dubious, at best.

Share on Social Media

I am sure you see the contradictions.

GIft said:

What could help ease off the skepticism including the”I know, I told you so, it won’t work” mentality for it to become a reality, or is it an embedded mentality in us that keeps us from moving forward even with the best of intentions?
    Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media