When posting, please remember that you are wanting to create a business relationship - whether a contract or work relationship. Use your post to present a professional image of yourself & if relevant, your organisation. In addition to what you are looking for, provide your name, title, and contact details.
• Liaise with community leaders to facilitate recruitment of volunteer participants and to ensure ongoing support for research process
• Recruit volunteers from a township near Cape Town (Langa or Khayelitsha)
• Obtain written informed consent from volunteers
• Administer a general questionnaire to gather information on lifestyle habits and medical history
• Administer a dietary questionnaire to gather information on typical home diet
• Deliver a prepared breakfast to each recruit on 6 days
• Facilitate the collection of urine samples
• Provide feedback to the project investigator regarding progress of recruitment and sample collection
• Salary of R2 030 per month
021 650 2534 (office hours)
076 552 7021 (after hours)
Email: [email protected]
Summary of research being conducted
Kidney stone disease is rare amongst the black population in South Africa but more common in the white population and other Western societies. Since the composition of urine as well as diet plays an important role in this disease, we would like to investigate these parameters in the local black population.