How do you decide to make a major purchase, such as a car,house or even clothing? You will most likely do the following:
- Ensure you have the time to shop around
- Narrow your choices down
- Go to a reputable store
- Understand what type of brand you are looking for. Will it be BMW or 1966 Volkswagen Beatle?
- Know your budget. Are you going to go cheap and regret it later or spend a bit more now and have your product last?
- Chat to some experts, ask their opinion
- See whose pair of running shoes lasted longest
As a training material developer it always puzzles me how the CEO’s of companies or those responsible for purchasing Training Material ignore all of the above. I have found that many simply go in for cheap.
Purchasing Training Material needs to be treated with the same respectful process that you would go through when purchasing a major item for your home. It has taken hours for experts to write well crafted material, the hours put in will show in the pricing too. Quite a few clients that land at my doorstep have purchased on the fly because they were in a hurry, and now need it fixed because the SETA’s have thrown it out. Be careful, be aware of where you buy your material.
If you have made the error of not attending to any of the above and are in a fix, connect with me. Or how about adding me to your mix of shopping around for high quality Material.