Tax number 2

Good day
I’m looking for advice as a training provider, if you use freelancer facilitator with a daily rate of R2000.00, or more ;do they need to provide me with a tax number?

Share on Social Media

Leave a comment

2 thoughts on “Tax number

  • Janelle Gravett

    Hi Siphiwe

    If your Facilitator invoices you for their services they do not necessarily need to provide a tax number.  It depends on whether they are registered for VAT ( I assume that is what you are referring to) or not.  It also depends on how their organisation is set up – are they a sole trader or are they a registered company.  As a sole trader you do not need to provide a VAT tax number but as a registered company (with CIPRO) you do.

    Hope this helps you!