To all skills-universe members knowledgeable about accreditation processes – please assist.
Before the implementation of DHET, the Department of Labour registered/accredited training service providers. As I recall this was for the safety type training, equipment, fire-fighting, and possibly related occupational health issues of chemical inhalation and so on.
Once again I have been asked for clarification.
Please will you assist me to respond to the following questions:
- does DoL still accredit these types of programmes?
- is it accreditation – as in the skills development manner – or is it registration?
- what is the purpose of the exercise – is it credit-bearing and registered on the NLRD?
- what legislation/policy documents cover this – please give references if possible?
- what section of DoL handles this?
- do you have contact details: names/job titles and contact numbers with extensions, and email addresses?
- does the training company still have to be accredited by the QCTO/SETA ETQA?
All information will be helpful and I’ve posted this in the Knowledge Area so that we can keep the information for future referral.