So much has been said about Success …
- “Success is a journey not a destination” – Arthur Ashe
- “80% of success is just showing up” – Woody Allen
- The glass is half full or half empty … different people see situations in different ways … their attitudes may be negative or positive
Test yourself – look at the image below, what do you see?
- 2 faces
- The glass that may be half full or half empty!!
- Anything else?
Ask yourself about your beliefs, do you believe that:
- Success is within your reach?
- Success is a mind-set?
- Successful people are happy?
- Success is elusive… too hard to pin down?
Have you have tried to become successful … but there are too many obstacles standing in your way?
What Success Really Looks Like?
You may be SHOCKED to learn that Success IS NOT Linear!!
Too many people give up to soon!!
The 4 P’s of Success:
- People (Teamwork)
- Positive belief in self
Failure is a just a Learning Curve
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.”
The 4 D’s standing in our way to Success:
Take Heart and look at the following examples:
Thomas Edison’s teachers said he was “too stupid to learn anything.” He was fired from his first two jobs for being “non-productive.” As an inventor, Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, “How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?” Edison replied, “I didn’t fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps.”
F. W. Woolworth, the founder of Woolworths was not allowed to wait on customers when he worked in a dry goods store because, his boss said, “he didn’t have enough sense.”
Walt Disney was fired by a newspaper editor because “he lacked imagination and had no good ideas.”
The Bottom Line!!
Success may be the Ability to keep going long after Everyone Else has Given Up!!