Below are 12 tips to help you manage your time better.
1. Start your day by looking at your calendar and your to-do list rather than your inbox.
2. Turn off distractions and don’t live your life by default.
3. Plan for interruptions.
4. Only check your email a few times per day.
5. Don’t use your inbox as your to-do list.
6. Prioritise your work based on the value it will add.
7. Close your day. Make an appointment with yourself every day, one hour before you go home, to reflect on what you have achieved that day.
8. Schedule time for important work.
9. Insist on an agenda for meetings. Few things waste time more than a poorly planned meeting.
10. Apply the one-touch principle to email and paper.
11. Take time to rest and recuperate.
12. Manage other people’s expectations.
These tips and more will be covered in our Working Smart program (course outline below) on 6 August 2014. Contact Karen Hardman on Karen@prioritymanagement.co.za for a bookings
PUBLIC WORKSHOP SCHEDULE
Project Planning Breakthroughs:
Working Smart Public Workshop – 6 August 2014
An essential management skills program, designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and competencies to effectively use Outlook as your organizational system. This course will help enhance personal and team productivity and performance, while giving you more control over activities and information. By providing immediate access to key business information, you will improve your decision-making. You will become more balanced and reduce stress.
Unit 1 – Being Productive
Unit 2 – Setting yourself up to focus on what matters
Unit 3 – Manage your e-mails effectively
Unit 4 – Managing commitments to enable a sense of achievement
Unit 5 – Achieve better results through effective communication & delegation
Unit 6 – Priority planning for results
AND MUCH MORE
Share on Social Media