A Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) is a body established under the Skills Development Act (RSA, 1998c) whose main purpose is to contribute to the improvement of skills in South Africa through achieving a more favourable balance between demand and supply, and by ensuring that education and training
- acknowledges and enhances the skills of the current work force, (in addition to ensuring that new entrants to the labour market are adequately trained)
- meets agreed standards within a national framework
- is provided subject to validation and quality assurance; and
- where appropriate, is benchmarked against international standards (NTB, 1999).
The full list of SETA functions is contained in the Skills Development Act (RSA, 1998c).
- monitor education and training in the sector.
Share on Social Media