I’m sure that there are a number of our members who would be able to fill this position. Also posted on the skills portal Jobs section.
South African Labour Bulletin
This is a full-time position starting in March 2011 or soon thereafter entailing the important opportunity of providing information, debate and critical analysis on issues confronting workers and their communities whilst promoting social justice. It involves editing, managing, producing and distributing the South African Labour Bulletin.
Core requirements are:
* knowledge of publication production
* knowledge of the labour field and an interest in politics, development and social justice
* commissioning, writing and editing skills
* overseeing production, distribution, sales, website and marketing
* fundraising, managing finances and interacting with the SALB Board
* managing a small staff
* ability to network and raise the profile of the publication.
The applicant should be able to work independently, meet deadlines, have a high level of written English, a driver’s licence and a car.
Email or fax a CV and written references with a short motivation to Kally Forrest email@example.com fax: (011) 4033075 by 18 February.
If you have not received a response within 14 days after the closing date, please accept that your application was not successful.
Editor South African Labour Bulletin
27 011 4033075