Are you a professional already in the micro finance industry wanting to increase or build your knowledge and skills? If so, then the
National Certificate in Micro-Finance is specifically for you. All you
need is a minimum grade 10 qualification and are already working for a
micro-finance organisation to enrol.
This qualification will allow you to:
- Understand micro-finance business principles
- Understand the legal, ethical and professional needs of the micro-finance industry
- Calculate the repayment ability and assess the credit risk of potential clients
- Recommend the financing decision and pay out the loan
- Counsel customers in a micro-finance environment
- Collect and manage loans
- Foster and maintain customer relationships
- Demonstrate an understanding of employment relations in an organisation
- Develop administrative and cash management procedures for a micro-finance organisation
All you have to do is to complete ten compulsory modules with a choice of two additional modules. These ten modules include:
- An Introduction to Consumer Credit Management
- Applying Credit Assessment Practices and Methodologies
- Credit Control and Collections
- Maintaining Client Relations
- An Introduction to Employment Relations
- Mathematical / Numeracy Skills
- Communication / Literacy Skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- Micro-Finance Administration
- Cash Management Procedures for Micro Finance Institutions (MFIs)
The additional two modules that you can specialise in and build onto your qualification are Marketing for Credit Providers; and Credit
Policies and Procedures. Compuscan Academy offers Numeracy, Literacy
and PC Skills training so if you don’t have a grade 10 qualification
with mathematics and a language you can complete these modules through
us if need be.
All modules can be completed over a 12 or 24 month period. If the learner elects the 12 month option then one module needs to be
completed per month. Due to work commitments and time constraints this
is not always possible and the learner can elect the 24 month option
where each module can be completed every two months.
The modules can be completed via face-to-face learning at specified training venues with qualified and experienced facilitators. We also
have a distance learning option that is becoming increasingly popular.
You no longer need to travel to the training venue to get the same
quality training in the comfort of your own home. The benefits are that
you can complete the qualification in your own time and pace. You can
also enrol at any time of the academic year that suits you.
For both face-to-face and distance learning, you will still need to complete workplace assignments and tasks and submit these for
assessment at predetermined times. Throughout our learning process, you
will receive guidance and support from our dedicated learning support
team. Once successfully completed, you will be issued with an
accredited BANKSETA Certificate.