ABOUT THIS BOOK——————–
This book presents a holistic risk management approach to managing risk.
The aims of this book are as follows:
• define a risk manager;
• map out the events that led to risk management
• the risk management stories
• define what risk management is all about;
• define various categories of risk;
• provide an integrated view embracing both theory and practice;
• define corporate governance;
• risk management strategy
• risk management culture, risk management structures;
• overview of the integrated internal control systems
• the Basil Accord
• world class definitions of risk
It is hoped that the book will appeal to students at undergraduate, graduate or post experience level in business or management, or on related professional courses. It is also hoped that the book will appeal not only to those aspiring to be risk managers but also to practicing risk managers and supervisors who wish to expand their knowledge of the subject matter. The book is written with a minimum of technical terminology and statistical formulas and the format is clearly structured.