IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY FOR 2010/2011
INTERNSHIP / EXPERIENTIAL TRAINING PROGRAMME – 100 TRAINEES
- Gauteng (20)
- Mpumalanga (6)
- KwaZulu-Natal (15)
- Western Cape (12)
- North West (5)
- Free State (5)
- Limpopo (15)
- Eastern Cape (20)
- Northern Cape (2)
- N6 or S4 Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) PLUS the following key competencies:
- Report writing
- Verbal and written
- Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English).
- Good listener
- Ability to work as a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Open minded.
THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
- Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years.
- The Department of Energy welcomes applications from persons with Disabilities.
- Candidates who have already participated in an Internship programme in any Government department will NOT be considered.
- Applications should be made on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service department and accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of all qualifications and Identification
- Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified.
- Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the Z83 form.
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Please take note that all
qualifications are subject to verification.
- Successful candidates in possession of a S4 Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) will be appointed on a total training programme of 12 (twelve) months.
- Successful candidates in possession of a N6 Certificate in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current) will be appointed on a total training programme of 18 (eighteen) months.
Please forward your application; marked for the attention of Ms M.B. Mokwena by post to: The
Director-General, Department of Energy, Private Bag X59, Pretoria 0001 or hand-delivery to:
Mineralia Centre, 234 Visagie Street, Pretoria, 0001.
Please direct all enquiries to: Mr K. Bongwe, Tel. (012) 317 8660 OR Ms N. Sam, Tel. (012) 317
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SENT TO THE ADDRESS ABOVE AND NOT TO THE PROVINCE(S).
Due to the large number of responses anticipated, correspondence will be limited to short-listed
candidates only. Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 3 (three) weeks of the closing date.
Applicants who have not been contacted during this period may regard their applications as
Closing date: 18 September 2009