I wanted to introduce you to the 7 parts of our HRD solution model. At CTU we are passionate about Developing ICT Professionals. These are the ways we go about filling the ICT skills Gap:
1. CTU Career Students: The CTU Career Campus offers a variety of programmes with National Qualifications and International Certifications which develop skills and prepares the graduates for a future filled with exciting opportunities. Our facilitator-led programmes are developed and updated regularly according to new technological developments and market trends. Our “Workplace experience programme” enables learners to become familiar with the corporate/working environment through various fields trips and internship programmes hosted by participating corporate clients.
2. Learnerships: A Learnership is a work-based route to a qualification. It is a workplace education and training programme comprising of both structured practical workplace (on-the-job) experience and structured theoretical training. The duration of a Learnership is approximately twelve months and results in a full national qualification.
3. Internships: An Internship is a programme designed to give university and technikon graduates an opportunity to extend their academic qualifications with structured workplace exposure and specialised training. The MICT SETA utilises the concept of Internships to fast track high level skills to offer needed work experience to unemployed graduates and to empower graduates with practical knowledge commensurate with their qualification.
4. Up-Skilling: Part-time ICT Development is aimed at currently employed individuals who want to develop and enhance their careers as ICT Professionals. Current ICT Professionals can stay ahead by attending training and completing international certifications in the latest technology.
5. Consulting Services: CTU has experienced staff who can assist with the analysis of previous Work Skills Plans. With the assistance of CTU’s consulting services, we can analyse your Workplace Skills Plan. CTU is in the ideal position to assist clietns with the analysis, planning and implementation of their Work Skills Plans as our strategic knowledge and training products are in-line with the needs of the Skills Development Strategy of South Africa.
6. Recurits: The CTU Recruits Division offers a value added service to both our Corporate Clients and Graduates alike. We supply qualified ICT resources for vacancies within organisations and have an extensive database to source from on a national basis and across multiple disciplines. In turn, we focus on finding our students those sought after career development opportunities. We provide a superior selection process to employers, allowing them to appoint only those individuals best suited and in line with required technical skills, as well as ensuring a culture fit to their culture and corporate environments.
7. Career Changers: CTU will assist individuals who want to change their careers – entering the IT Industry. Individual Consulting is offered, to assist the best possible Learning Plan. CTU will assist with choosing the correct IT career path and correct certification paths. Clients enables us to assist the career changer with exposure to the IT environment by introducing them to industry and private companies.