I am currently reviewing a couple of Learner / Training / Skills software based management systems - in a urgent quest to reduce the growing number of (wo)man hours spent on data capture, admin, client reports, and of course, completingthe notorious Mandatory Grant Applications .....
I would really appreciate some discussion on what is available, costing, user friendliness and efficiency - is it saving you valuable time and energy?
I am especially interested in systems that are cost friendly to ISDFs.
I have sent you a (not so short) write up.
Jeanette Kalp said:
Ian and Tracey
give me a short write up of what it is you need. you can contact me on 0825704636 or email@example.com. I think with very little work we can create "a lite" version for your need. I think most of what is already available with very little extra development will give you that. if you have the need many others will have the same need.
We have TIMS.
Afford me a few minutes of your time to introduce you to TIMS (Training Institute Management System).
We developed a complete training institute management system (BIMS) for the use of a large training provider in Gauteng. This was re-written in using latest technology and methodologies and is called TIMS.
This is a total Training Facility and Learner Management System. It:
- Manages all training resources including facilitators/trainers, venues/classrooms, training equipment and materials as well as catering requirements. Several reports are generated for all such resource requirements. These reports are used by different sections within the training facility to affect their responsibilities in the value chain.
- Is a total Training Institute Management System. It tracks and reports on a learner’s training progress and history; it produces learner reports as well as prints learner certificates upon successful completion of a course/unit standard. The student report is in a format acceptable to most SETAS. It has a built in Quality Management System where amongst other features only registered Assessors captured on the system can declare a learner competent/not yet competent upon completion of a unit standard.
- Provides course scheduling. The schedule is converted into a comprehensive marketing document that is e-mailed to a selected customer data base. Course booking confirmation letters are generated and e-mailed to students.
- Includes a total debtor management system. It produces statements and tracks debtor arrears. The statement is a useful input document into an accounting system and is also used as a payment reference document for contract trainers/facilitators.
- Access rights to functionalities on TIMS is managed and specified by the Master User.
- Produces several management reports - all such reports are both in text and graphic format, also provides full SETA reports.
- Is a single reference point for a help desk. All customer enquiries can be answered by accessing the system.
- Developed in SA for the SA education and training industry,
BIMS was used as an admin and management tool, monitoring revenue per various categories, keeping track of invoicing and payments directly in BIMS, an annual loss of R11m in 2004, was turned around to a break even in 2009. Continuing to use BIMS as a management tool, the break even was changed into a profit in the next financial year.
Hi has anyone identified a free or inexpensive LMS?
I need to track training attended by staff and a way of reporting on training with a staff of 500. Any advice would be appreciated.