Trying to register as an assessor with Services Seta – Help!

Home Looking For… Discussions on Assessment & Moderation Trying to register as an assessor with Services Seta – Help!

This topic contains 64 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Skills Universe Skills Universe 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Eddie Harris
    Eddie Harris

Hi Guys, Please advise me.

I have applied 4 months ago to Services Seta to register as an assessor for FETC:Real Estate. I have been dealing with Azipheli at SS. He refuses to return my emails when I query the progress. I phoned Darren at the Seta and he promises to get his manager to call me-still nothing.

I emailed Masechaba as well as Samantha, still nothing. Eventually I emailed customer care 3 weeks ago-nothing. I am now at wits end I am desperate to register as an assessor.

Can anyone assist?

Share on Social Media

hi

I have the same problem, no feed from October last year.  Please we need to address this issue as it interferes our work.

Is there a way we can resolve this issue

Ragani

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of adeline findlay
    adeline findlay
    Participant

Hi Roydon

I have sent my application to register as an assessor to Azipheli as SSETA.He actually responded to me emails but i am just waiting now on confirmation of how long this process will take. This is really ridiculous that someone has to beg just to get service from these departments.  

Adeline

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Eloise Gobin
    Eloise Gobin

email me and i will give you some contact details

eseevaraj@hotmail.com

tx

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Shari Mattera
    Shari Mattera
    Participant

Im having a very similar issue. I just called and spoke to Aziphelis manager who promised to call me back on my cell to advised. I will let you know if i get helped so that i can refer you.

Share on Social Media

Dear Roydon,

If you’ve been following previous discussions on the subject of SETAs you will realise that the only solution is to disband all the non-functional SETAs, especially the Services Seta.

Not much comfort I know.

Clement

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Skills Universe
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi

I also experience problems with one of the high rated SETAS, No communication when mails are send to them. We are 650km from them so it is not so easy to go and speak to them. When you call them they promise but do not deliver. I am even considering a non- conformance directed to Minister Nzimande.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi

I also experience problems with one of the high rated SETAS, No communication when mails are send to them. We are 650km from them so it is not so easy to go and speak to them. When you call them they promise but do not deliver. I am even considering a non- conformance directed to Minister Nzimande.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Samething applies to me i register with them on 23/12/212 hoping they will come back to me but they didnt until  i call them 3wks ago and they told me my form is still in the Q 4 verification so im still waiting

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Samething applies to me i register with them on 23/12/212 hoping they will come back to me but they didnt until  i call them 3wks ago and they told me my form is still in the Q 4 verification so im still waiting

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I don’t know what is wrong with Services Seta right now.

We are having a BIG problem as they are holding back the funds for January and February we are frustrated as much as the interns.

Companies are treatening to leave us because of none payment of interns of which we try so hard to work with them trying to get money so we can pay the interns.

I was even trying to organize a match to Services Seta with the interns to demand payments.

I think since Ivor left no one is capable to run Services Seta.

If you call you are just waisting your time because it rings forever.

You email same story they hardly get back to you.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

We are having a BIG problem as they are holding back the funds for January and February we are frustrated as much as the interns.

Companies are treatening to leave us because of none payment of interns of which we try so hard to work with them trying to get money so we can pay the interns.

I was even trying to organize a match to Services Seta with the interns to demand payments.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

It has been many years since I dealt with Services, but seems things don’t change. We had huge issues (and this SETA isn’t unique). E-mail is not the best form of comms with them. Found daily calling (often multiple times), speaking with multiple people and just constantly nagging was all that resolved our issues. No point leaving messages either.  I still on occasion get ‘unread and deleted’ reports on emails sent to SETAs several years after the fact, which just shows how far backed up emails get in the system.  Nag, nag, nag and nag…on the phone is all I can recommend…

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

as we spaek im online with the lady by the name Ziyanda n she will email me back that all #sad#

regards

Mthandeni

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

as we spaek im online with the lady by the name Ziyanda n she will email me back that all #sad#

regards

Mthandeni

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

regards

Mthandeni

Share on Social Media

Hi Roydon – I have experienced much the same problem – you have to keep on contacting them and following up. Have you tried to apply online?  Their systm wouldn’t allow me to verify changes recently so I don’t know if it is properly functional.

Perhaps Providers should set up a “Hello Peter” system through Skills Portal where the relevant SETA CEO (In Services SETA case Dr Moon) gets a copy of the complaint??

Share on Social Media
    adeline findlay
    Participant

Hi Russel

That is a great idea. This is unacceptable.

Adeline

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Tania Rhode
    Tania Rhode

Hi 

I have also being trying since last year September with the SERVICES SETA and no one responds to my emails. Samantha has asked me on two occasions now to send her our trainers certificates to register as Assessors and still she does nothing. I have also tried the customer care, which in my opinion is useless, no one ever gets back to you. If any of your have any success please let me know, trhode@pifsa.org

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Tania

Try and talk to Lerato or Devika when ever you get through.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Tania

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Tania

Share on Social Media
    Tania Rhode

Thanks Johannes, I will try them as well. Much appreciated.

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Hi Guys ,thanks so much for your help and suggestions .I remember last year sometime Blade Nzimande made a speech about how the Setas are here to stay and he outlined its importance in the SAQA system .I beleive that we should collectively approach him and give him the reality of the situation -the setas are failing due to poor service ethics .They ,being a vital component of the ETQA system should be highly efficient and driven operations .

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

I am with you Roydon. He need to know what is going on.

Count me in.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Count me in.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Count me in.

Share on Social Media
    Tania Rhode

Hi Royden

I will join you in this one, but don’t expect it to get anywhere though. The SETA’s are here to stay and they will not be doing away with them. I sit on a few committees that do have a voice to the minister but……nothing has happened and we have been raising various issues at a high level and still nothing is being done. Unfortunately this country will continue to suffer and the SETA’s will continue to milk the blood, sweat and tears from those who wish to upskill people. It is very sad. I however continue to have hope that things will change, but I sit with baited breath

Share on Social Media
    adeline findlay
    Participant

please count me in- i am in the same boat

Adeline

Share on Social Media

hi

Well I took the bull by the horns and sent a message on face book to Blade Nizamande.  Explaining the problem .  So let hope that his messages are read and something is done about this.

I have had enough

Ragani Govender

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Janelle Gravett
    Janelle Gravett
    Participant

HI.  Debbie Marchand has just joined as the ETQA Manager – try giving her a call. 

Share on Social Media
    Tania Rhode

Thats great! As mentioned I will back you on this one as well!

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

talk helps maybe we will get what we have cried for  long time………

regards

mthandeni

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

regards

mthandeni

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

regards

mthandeni

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Hi Tania ,thanks for all the input .I will not stop trying all avenues possible .I remember the services seta were quite efficient under Ivor Blumental ,but he has since left .I will try and find out who the head honcho is,I will email you if I come up with something .Regards Ed

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Hi Johannes ,refer my reply to Tania ,I beleive as a start I need to find out who is heading the seta after Blumenthal left .regards Ed

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Thanks Janelle ,I will try her and keep the others posted .Regards Ed

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Hi Ragani ,I doubt he even responds to face book .I think its just standard IT procedure in govt that the IT guys hook them up on facebook ,reagrds Ed

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Hi Mthandeni ,hopefully we wont be crying for too long now .Regards Ed

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Jeanette Stewart
    Jeanette Stewart
    Participant

I am presently going through the accreditation process for a company and the moderator that has been selected has been trying to update her registration for over six months with Services SETA and nothing is forthcoming. All the names mentioned in each of the postings is familiar and none of them seem to be any help.Without this we are stuck in the process. This is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of David Jooste
    David Jooste
    Participant

I believe that we need a similar reporting body such as the FAIS Ombudsman within the educational sphere, which will be applicable to all participants within the industry. If a complaint is lodge and found quilty the person should be disbarred! This situation is really unacceptable! Where do I sign the petition for the minister? (Not that I think it will help if reading the papers correctly for increasing taxes on graduates)

Share on Social Media

Oh dear, Roydon,  When I worked with Services SETA for another training provider I had exactly the same frustrations.  We waited for over a year – phoned literally hundreds of times, no-one assisted us.  We eventually reapplied, and just harrassed them until the registration was complete. 

Good luck – it seems although I worked with them 5 years ago, they are just as bad as they always were.

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Des Squire
    Des Squire
    Participant

I have sent the link to this discussion to the SERVICES SETA. – Let’s see if there is any action now????

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of sylvia hammond
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

When I worked in corporate life (many moons ago) we had a rule – you ask once, no delivery – then you raise to the next level of management, until you reach the top.

Now if a Seta doesn’t respond, my suggestion would be as follows, contact:

appropriate person, appropriate manager, Seta CEO, Seta Chairperson, (remember now appointed by the Minister DHET), Seta co-ordination manager in DHET, DHET DG, Minister DHET, Presidency Performance Management (Collins Chabane), President Zuma call line/email/appear personally at office.

Remember every Minister has a performance agreement with the President.  Never mind litigation, if we all follow these steps systematically performance will improve – I bet you a bottle of good scotch.

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Lemmy Mnguni
    Lemmy Mnguni

Roydon,

Most SETAs do the same, talking from xperience, keep on being a pain in the …..s, until you get what you want, that’s how to deal with the SETAs

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Dear Mr Mzileni

Kindly scan and email me your Assessor statement of results, academic qualifications and updated CV, ID Copy since

the construction of our website we are unable to view attachment from our online applications and elaborate

qualifications you would like to be registered for falling under SSETA,  I do apologise for   inconvenience caused.

this emil from SSeta thanx for making them remember us .Roydon

regards mzileni

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Dear Mr Mzileni

Kindly scan and email me your Assessor statement of results, academic qualifications and updated CV, ID Copy since

the construction of our website we are unable to view attachment from our online applications and elaborate

qualifications you would like to be registered for falling under SSETA,  I do apologise for   inconvenience caused.

regards mzileni

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Dear Mr Mzileni

regards mzileni

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Shari Mattera
    Shari Mattera
    Participant

Exactly 3 months after my Extension of scope application submission….ie. TODAY – I have received my document.

After many back and forth emails and calls on a weekly basis.

So be persistent then you will get a response.

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Johan Kruger
    Johan Kruger

Hi

I just want to say that I take my hat off for the MICT Seta, i recieved my registration within 3 weeks, fantastic.

Regards

Johan

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

im with u Johan they help me to in a 2wks…. even SASSETA are so fast 

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media
    adeline findlay
    Participant

Hi

I think it is basically just a mindset and an attitude thing. People are just lax and don’t care.

Adeline

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Hi Guys ,thanks for all the contributions .I was very surprised to get an email from Samantha at Services Seta this afternoon(without me even contacting them-very unusual) .She needed me to email my qualifications (for the 4th time).But we thank God for little mercies-i dont mind doing it again ,as long I have had some response ,thats what really matters .I firmly beleive that one of you guys have provided the solution .I have a suspicion that it was Des Squires idea of emailing the link of our discussions and our disatisfaction to them that eventually elicited a response from them.I have sent all the docs through again-I will keep you posted.Regards Ed

Share on Social Media

Well miracles never cease….. there is a glimmer of hope…. glad you came right, Ed

Share on Social Media
    Eddie Harris

Hi Guys ,fantastic news .Samantha Smith (who I suspect used to be Samantha Oosthuizen)emailed me this morning confirming that my assessor registration has been approved .I am now registered by Services Seta against the qualification FETC Real Estate NQF4 .Natuarally I hit the ceiling and came down and when I recovered I thanked her profusely .So take heart guys I beleive that there is some improvement thanks to all you guys .I guess the botton line is “just keep persevering”Now to tackle the MICT seta.thanks for your assistance.Regards Ed

Share on Social Media
    adeline findlay
    Participant

Great news! i am happy for you.

I also had feedback from SSETA regarding the time frame. At least someone responded

Adeline

Share on Social Media

Hi Guys 

Eddie you said it ,we can also copy such kind of complains to his desk an he might help with this frustration.

Share on Social Media

Super ,and great job

Share on Social Media

Sure Sylvia and I am 100% backing you the second bottle of good scotch  

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Great Mandlenkosi – we need delivery – and I am positive we can get it.

Just look at Eddie’s experience – make the problem known – make it public – and help will definitely arrive.  On skills-universe now we have had success with a number of complaints that have been met.

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Lemmy – I think the message is – don’t keep talking to the Seta yourself – put your complaint on skills-universe – we send to the right person – and see Eddie has service now!

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Eddie, I don’t know if you had an answer to who CEO of Services Seta is already by Dr Sihle Moon is CEO and Administrator: sihlem@serviceseta.org.za number to call: 011 276 9600

I think we should take this matter to also make ourselves loud to the office of President Jacob Zuma so atleast he knows before he can talk about the creation of jobs to the youth of this country he knows who to talk to first and how they must run the business in that office.

We are not going to be treated like this while we trying to help plus make too much noice without delivery.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Hi Eddie, I don’t know if you had an answer to who CEO of Services Seta is already by Dr Sihle Moon is CEO and Administrator: sihlem@serviceseta.org.za number to call: 011 276 9600

I think we should take this matter to also make ourselves loud to the office of President Jacob Zuma so atleast he knows before he can talk about the creation of jobs to the youth of this country he knows who to talk to first and how they must run the business in that office.

We are not going to be treated like this while we trying to help plus make too much noice without delivery.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Russel I am with you on that one also the office of President Jacob Zuma should be informed of what is going on down here. They mustn’t talk about creating jobs and they don’t have an idea what is happening in this offices that we work with to make this happen.

After what happen last week if I was a quiter I was going to do so but when I look at those unemployed youth that call, email everyday looking for employment opportunities then I have to stay and fight this horrow Services Seta.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Russel I am with you on that one also the office of President Jacob Zuma should be informed of what is going on down here. They mustn’t talk about creating jobs and they don’t have an idea what is happening in this offices that we work with to make this happen.

After what happen last week if I was a quiter I was going to do so but when I look at those unemployed youth that call, email everyday looking for employment opportunities then I have to stay and fight this horrow Services Seta.

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

People help me most of industries are looking fro xperiance that is so hard to have  is it. we have all Qualifications but no Experiance so who can help bcs freelance promise to assist and get all yo documents and is the last word from them 

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

People help me most of industries are looking fro xperiance that is so hard to have  is it. we have all Qualifications but no Experiance so who can help bcs freelance promise to assist and get all yo documents and is the last word from them 

Share on Social Media
    Skills Universe
    Keymaster

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media