NQF levels of N qualifications and part qualificatiions registered by SAQA

Home Forums Seeking Accreditation or Training material NQF levels of N qualifications and part qualificatiions registered by SAQA

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Calvin Madutlela Calvin Madutlela 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of sylvia hammond
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

For those who have been waiting for clarification on N programmes, the N qualifications and part qualifications have now been registered by SAQA – in terms of Section 36(c) of the NQF Act, Act 67 of 2008. 

The National N Diploma at NQF Level 6, consisting of N4+N5+N6 (in the same field of study) + either 18 months or 24 months of evaluated work place learning.

The duration of the evaluated workplace learning is determined by the duration of the relevant N programmes. In cases where the N programmes are of one trimester duration, twenty four (24) months of practical workplace learning is required. Where the N programmes are of six months duration, the practical workplace experience is eighteen (18) months.

For full details of the qualification and part qualifications please click on the following link to SAQA

link to SAQA notification

Share on Social Media

Thanks Sylvia for the info.

Share on Social Media

Thanks, Sylvia – and Happy New Year! 

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Marie Smith
    Marie Smith
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Sylvia. Wishing you a wonderful 2013.

Share on Social Media

Huge opportunity for learners that have failed grade 12 and for FET Colleges to make a difference. The N3 articulation options now seemingly make it possible for a learner that has passed grade 12 languages, but failed, to do N3 and on articulation be awarded a National Senior Certificate. That is if I interpret “such as” correctly in the qualification registration.

Share on Social Media

Compliments of the new season Sylvia. I hope that you had a peaceful and pleasant festive season.

Thank you for the info. It is always refreshing to receive such valuable info, so selfless of you.

Share on Social Media

Hi Sylvia.

If I have lost statements of results from way back, say in the ’90s who should I approach for re-issuing?

Regards,

Rebogo

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Tebogo, I think it depends on what you were doing and who the provider was – what were the results for?

Share on Social Media

Hi Sylvia

It was one subject, Mathematics at N4 level.

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

If the training college is still there I would start by asking them.

Share on Social Media

Thank you very much, Sylvia. The information you just sent in is vital. You are God sent, and we value you. May this new year bring prosperity in your camps. What will we be without your reliable and sustainable guidance.

Regards 

TSHEDISO

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Joe Samuels
    Joe Samuels

Hi you could also approach the department of higher education and training for a duplicate certificate.

Share on Social Media

Hi Joe

Thanks for your response and assistance. Could you please furnish me with the department’s physical address, I would gladly go there as I would like to apply for my N4 certificate.

Share on Social Media

Morning Sylvia

Most of the Ekurhuleni FETs have been amulgamated in one EWC  and the others are just branches.I last wrote that subject in Katlehong and since I am now in Kempton Park I went to this branch and I have been promised this and that but up to now nothing has borne any fruit.

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Tebogo, it looks like Joe’s comment is best – approach the Department Higher Education and Training and ask them for a duplicate certificate. 

Please let us know how you get on because I’m sure others have the same or similar problems and they would also like to know what to do.

Share on Social Media

Hi Sylvia

I will give a report back as soon as I am done.

Share on Social Media

Hi Silvia

Can someone with National N Diploma be credited to the University?

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Kagisho, sorry for the delay in replying.  

This is one of the areas that has caused much discussion – what qualifications are accepted by universities.

I am not an expert in that subject and I don’t speak for the universities.  So my suggestion would be that you should approach the individual university you are interested in attending and provide them with your qualification and your detailed results.   

Good luck for your future studies – and don’t give up – if one door is closed, then just look for another one – until you find the one that is meant for you.

Share on Social Media

Hi there

Can you explain how to apply for national N diploma ……we apply on line or we must come to office to apply

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Calvin, I’m not an expert on the actual registration. I will send this out to our members and I’m sure one of them will give us the answer.
    Good luck.

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of Thokozani Absalom
    Thokozani Absalom
    Participant

Thanks Sylvia can you please fix the link to SAQA notification the is an error when I click.

Share on Social Media

Hi Sylvia. Thanks very much.

Share on Social Media

Ok cool…hope so

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media

One thought on “NQF levels of N qualifications and part qualificatiions registered by SAQA

• Profile photo of Gaolatlhe Sefotlho
    Gaolatlhe Sefotlho

Mzukisi your comment is very correct. While we the previously disadvantaged may not neccessarily want to be spoon-fed, systems need to favour us so as to make accreditation more accessible.Is a good/prospective Training Provider judged by accessibility to technological resourses? Perhaps, a more user friendly manual guide is neccessary to ensure easy response. As for the court case, issues that the Minister and his advisers were trying to set right were thumbsucked. Could they not do a bit of research and also cosult the then Min. of Labour – Membathisi Mdladlana and or the senior executive managers who were responsible for Skills Development at DoL. No proper consultations/discussions were sought from the the ANC/SACP leadership, but also us the Training Providers.

Yes, Provincial Office personels need to be capacitated, in most cases they act as postmen.

As for Ivor, he is cleverly displaying some racial nuances – a more deeper investigation will bring all this to light.      

Comments are closed.