List of qualified Verifiers / ETD Evaluators / External Moderators in South Africa

Home Forums Verifiers / Evaluators of ETD Providers List of qualified Verifiers / ETD Evaluators / External Moderators in South Africa

This topic contains 1 reply, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lynel Farrell Lynel Farrell 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Lynel Farrell
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Lets get to what many of us want to know. Many Providers would like access to ETD Verifiers whether it is for guidance, support or just an answer on some of the questions they might have. I have been looking everywhere, but have not been able to view such list. I am not sure why this is not open to all.

You can get lists of various Assessors and Moderators, but that’s where it stops! Do you know where to get this list from?

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Why do people say “speech is silver, silence is gold?”

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Absolute Silence ……………………..  I have now emailed every SETA, Council and possible Institution asking them for the list.  I do hope that I can give you feedback on the number of Verifiers in South Africa, as well as the helpfull individuals that participated in my project!  Wish me luck!

Share on Social Media
    Profile photo of sylvia hammond
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Surely the QCTO will have that information – as they are part of that community of practice with whom they need to consult?

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Sylvia, I hope so – it seems that I am stepping on some toes at the moment.  The list of Verifiers/Evaluators at this present moment seems to be a secret for some reason – I will find out why – as I do not believe that this is right nor fair.  I strongly believe that any Provider has the right to this information, be able to request the services of these people in their own capacity when in need of assistance.  With that said, I am sure that there are many Providers that will be more than happy to pay for these services in order to avoid paying large sums of money on development instead of just correcting/amending some areas of policies,procedures, processes.

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

I would like to know by Providers if there is any need to have direct access to ETD Provider Verifiers/Evaluators?

If yes, please let me know – otherwise I am merely wasting time on this project which I thought will make a difference to some of you? 

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Hi Lynel, to my understanding, all of the information maintained by SETAs, QCTO and similar structures is classified as “administrative action” and is covered by the promotion of administrative justice and promotion of access to information legislation.  Maybe a friendly lawyer would advise you on your rights to the information. 

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

It seems that I might not have to go that route, I do have a right to information and so do others, I wonder if someone saw your post?  Strange but true, my information is coming in strong, and soon I will have a clear picture of the number of Verifiers in South Africa!

Share on Social Media
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Excellent news 🙂

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Dear Skills Universe,

I wonder if any of you know how many individuals have in fact inrolled for the unit standard 15191 (Evaluate Education, Training and Development Providers)?  Or let us play the game, you may guess the number and I will by the end of today give you the answer ………………. wouldn’t you love to know !!

Share on Social Media

Hi Lynel, I am a qualified verifier with the ETDPSETA and will like to indicate to you that most or all the SETA’s do not make such list available.The reason being as I presume, they don’t want Training providers to build any relationship with their verifiers, as that will lead to unfair or illegal practices.There are those providers who likes doing things the easy way.

Share on Social Media
    Lynel Farrell
    Participant

Hi Frank, thank you for your response, I really appreciate it.  No Seta makes this available and most of them contract these people out.  Strange enough Frank, Assessors and Moderators are available on various Seta sites with all their contact details – and this is okay?  As a Verifier, we take our profession very seriously, and we have a name to maintain in the industry.  If you are assisting a Company and is asked to Verify them, then surely we will decline, as it would mean (to me and to many others) conflict of interest.  If any Company needs assistance in applying for accreditation, I feel that it would just be fair to them to get the right people to assist them.  As all the Assessors and Moderators charge, so do we.  Why keep us away, if we can make a difference in the quality assurance of the Providers?

Share on Social Media

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share on Social Media