Integrated Skills Programmes, Stand Alone US and Full Qualifications

Home Forums Seeking Accreditation or Training material Integrated Skills Programmes, Stand Alone US and Full Qualifications

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tass Schwab Tass Schwab 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Tass Schwab
    Tass Schwab

I have a comprehensive off the shelf list of material, this is a taster:

From Qualification 71490: National Certificate: Contact Centre Support

Service Excellence

Problem Solving

Business Writing Skills

Telephone skills for an inbound contact centre

From Qualification 57712: Further Education and Training Certificate: Generic Management

Leadership

Supervisory Skills

Also have Skills Programmes from the full Qualifications that I can supply from  ECD 58761, Business Administration Services 61595, Occupationally Directed Education Training and Development Practices 50334, Wholesale and Retail Operations Supervision 49397

Connect with me ohmtraining@gmail.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One thought on “Integrated Skills Programmes, Stand Alone US and Full Qualifications

• Profile photo of Johan Poolman
    Johan Poolman

Interesting conundrum, Mdabu! Being a lifelong entrepreneur myself I fully appreciate the challenge of finding and matching the right talent to the right roles – particularly if a mismatch can result in the company closing its doors. And as you say – transferring someone to a lower paying (or potentially lower status) position may not work, even more so in case of lower paid jobs where financial survival or living standards may be more important than job satisfaction.

I am not a management consultant and I don’t know all the details of your particular situation, so I am not the right person to give you any advice. But I can share with you my experience from a similar situation in a previous start-up company I managed. Clearly the ideal would be to invest more time (and money!) in the recruitment process, but that is not always possible given the financial and survival realities of small entrepreneurial companies. To help reduce the risk of appointing the wrong person in the wrong role, we used to make all new appointments on a consensus basis – all members of the team would get to interview the shortlist of potential new hires, and we would then decide as a team whether a person would will fit in and would be able to do the job or not (assuming of course that the shortlist candidates all had the right qualifications and experience). I would then do the final interview and negotiations with the lucky candidate. Not foolproof, but I found this approach to work pretty well in practice.

We also had a similar problem in our sales department. Fact is, most start-ups and small entrepreneurial companies fail because of marketing problems and not production or delivery issues. Since non-performance of our sales team could put the entire business at risk, we realised that we had to get the most talented and suited individuals to assume responsibility for sales – which meant in our case we had to get qualified civil engineers to start selling! We appointed them in ‘consultative selling’ roles, and we made sure that they got properly trained and equipped and all the necessary support to do justice to their sales jobs. We kept them on their higher salaries for at least 3 months to give them more time to find their feet and to get some momentum on the sales front, before gradually phasing in a commission structure (at a point when their sales commission plus basic salaries were more than their previous salaries).

Hope this helps! Johan.

Comments are closed.