Broad-based black economic empowerment – Who is fooling who?

Home Forums Seeking Accreditation or Training material Broad-based black economic empowerment – Who is fooling who?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of sylvia hammond sylvia hammond 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of sylvia hammond
    sylvia hammond
    Keymaster

Remember the words of that song from the 80’s – who is fooling who?

It sprang to mind when I picked up some comments suggesting that broad-based black economic empowerment (B-BBEE) ratings may be being abused.  (On our very big social network auntie.) This is not the first time that I’ve heard this allegation, so I thought it would be worth pursuing on our skills-universe. 

So I’m wondering is this just media hype, or are companies really abusing the system and scoring ratings that they don’t deserve?

Do you have any experience of implementation of B-BBEE in your company, or as a supplier?  What is your experience?  How is B-BBEE being implemented – the good and the bade?

As many of our members are training service providers, what is your experience particularly of the skills development item on the scorecard?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One thought on “Broad-based black economic empowerment – Who is fooling who?

• Profile photo of Chris van Zyl
    Chris van Zyl

First find answers to:
    How much different would the courses be from those that are being offered by well established Business Shools?
    Are the needs for establishing this CU so much different from the needs that are being serviced by well established Business Schools?
    Will the most prominent corporate entities support another CU-“positioning” rather than supporting well established BRANDS in this regard?

Chris

Comments are closed.