Skills-Universe

It is quite amazing that what was last week a Services SETA provider forum has now this week become an Association. The offically recognised national Association of Private Providers of Education Training and Development (APPETD) which has been established for more than twelve years and is recognised by the DHET as one of the key stakeholders, has been pleading for more active participation by ALL private providers in the interests of serving the industry.

 

I am sure that the current Board of APPETD would welcome ANY assistance it can get to improve its services, increase its membership, ensure that the private provider voice is stronger and that the contribution that is made by the private provider industry in South Africa is taken seriously by all.

Views: 116

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

see this fellow practitioners how the eseta deliberately till current love wasting our taxes and monies as i sent this attachment to them with no response

 

Regards N Soobiah

Attachments:

Hi Nelendran

 

This is just one of the core motivating factors for the establishment of TAPPP. We work across SETA's, SECTORS and Industry to ensure that Providers are paid according to SLAs and deliverables.

 

It might be a great idea for Wendolins to  join TAPPP as well as other private providers of the ESETA.

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour

Nelendran A M Soobiah said:

see this fellow practitioners how the eseta deliberately till current love wasting our taxes and monies as i sent this attachment to them with no response

 

Regards N Soobiah

Dear Lynn

 

Thank you for your response. It is good to finally hear from you. It is also good to hear that you will be meeting with APPETD to discuss collaboration. I cannot speak for APPETD as I am currently only a co-opted member but as a past Chairperson of APPETD, I remain committed to ensuring that the private provider sector is truly represented and is recognised for their contribution in education, training and skills development as an important stakeholder in all sectors of our economy. The role good quality providers have made in the lives of South Africans must not be overlooked.

 

At the same time, we must acknowledge the intention of Minister Nzimande and his new appointee Dr. Moon of the Services SETA, who is hosting the Services SETA road show to allay the anxieties of its stakeholders and who want to also assure the Services SETA community that despite the pending court cases, that skills development will not be compromised. I humbly request that this intention of the road show not be confused as a launch of an interest group.

 

While I fully understand that the initiative of TAPPP is born out of crisis, we must also remember that long term sustainablity comes from building excellent partnerships, collaboration and sharing a common objective for the development of our people. I remain confident that future discussions will achieve a positive result.

 

Kind regards

Rooksana



Rooksana Rajab said:

Dear Lynn

 

Thank you for your response. It is good to finally hear from you. It is also good to hear that you will be meeting with APPETD to discuss collaboration. I cannot speak for APPETD as I am currently only a co-opted member but as a past Chairperson of APPETD, I remain committed to ensuring that the private provider sector is truly represented and is recognised for their contribution in education, training and skills development as an important stakeholder in all sectors of our economy. The role good quality providers have made in the lives of South Africans must not be overlooked.

 

At the same time, we must acknowledge the intention of Minister Nzimande and his new appointee Dr. Moon of the Services SETA, who is hosting the Services SETA road show to allay the anxieties of its stakeholders and who want to also assure the Services SETA community that despite the pending court cases, that skills development will not be compromised. I humbly request that this intention of the road show not be confused as a launch of an interest group.

 

While I fully understand that the initiative of TAPPP is born out of crisis, we must also remember that long term sustainablity comes from building excellent partnerships, collaboration and sharing a common objective for the development of our people. I remain confident that future discussions will achieve a positive result.

 

Kind regards

Rooksana

Hi Rooksana

 

I am pleased to see that TAPPP and APPETD share a common goal and that APPETD has the Private Provider’s best interests and future at heart.

 

Even though TAPPP may have been born out of crisis and established by the Private Providers in view of protecting their best interests at a time when we were in the depths of despair and sadly, at a time when it was only these same voices that continued to echo in the silence, irrespective of crisis being the catalyst, please do not confuse this with our intention and purpose.

 

In retrospect TAPPP can be regarded as the much needed antidote to an Industry and Profession that is under threat of fast becoming the casualty of a waging war propagated by those with ulterior motives and malicious intend to cause divide and mayhem. This is not our purpose, our purpose is to engage in respectful and open dialogue, to find smart, creative and innovative workable solutions in collaboration with government and all stakeholders in the best interest of all South Africans and whereby the Private Providers have a respected place and equal role to fulfill, hence our presence and purpose at the Minister's road show is welcomed and embraced. TAPPP stands for transparency, integrity, dignity and honesty and proudly represents our constituents with humility as the voice of the industry, the profession and of the people.

 

It is time for change. A time for new ideas, new industries, new technologies, new strategies, new methodologies, new partnerships, the emergence of new style leadership and a time for new age leaders to take the helm.

 

With all due respect and without prejudice, this is not the time for personal agendas or for power struggles, nor for those with common visions to oppose each other, nor is it the time for hidden agendas or to resist the need for change but more so, this is time to stand together, collaborate, innovate and orchestrate the scores and collectively conduct a harmonious world class symphony for which we can be proud.

 

For further deliberation, I would love to meet and share ideas as your expertise is valued and respected. You have my number, please call.

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour


Rooksana Rajab said:

Dear Lynn

 

Thank you for your response. It is good to finally hear from you. It is also good to hear that you will be meeting with APPETD to discuss collaboration. I cannot speak for APPETD as I am currently only a co-opted member but as a past Chairperson of APPETD, I remain committed to ensuring that the private provider sector is truly represented and is recognised for their contribution in education, training and skills development as an important stakeholder in all sectors of our economy. The role good quality providers have made in the lives of South Africans must not be overlooked.

 

At the same time, we must acknowledge the intention of Minister Nzimande and his new appointee Dr. Moon of the Services SETA, who is hosting the Services SETA road show to allay the anxieties of its stakeholders and who want to also assure the Services SETA community that despite the pending court cases, that skills development will not be compromised. I humbly request that this intention of the road show not be confused as a launch of an interest group.

 

While I fully understand that the initiative of TAPPP is born out of crisis, we must also remember that long term sustainablity comes from building excellent partnerships, collaboration and sharing a common objective for the development of our people. I remain confident that future discussions will achieve a positive result.

 

Kind regards

Rooksana

Dear Lynn and Rooksana

 

AS a quality and intergrity driven provider  iwould like to place the opinion that the organisations should work unilaterally for the benefit of providers with  amd with utmost truth and transparency so that we can become a force to be reckoned with allover . AS ETD Practitioners we also feel that opposition is good for growth and sustainability.

 

Regards N Soobiah

HI Nelendran

 

I absolutely agree. Thank you for your comments.

 

Lyn Mansour

TAPPP Chairperson

Nelendran A M Soobiah said:

Dear Lynn and Rooksana

 

AS a quality and intergrity driven provider  iwould like to place the opinion that the organisations should work unilaterally for the benefit of providers with  amd with utmost truth and transparency so that we can become a force to be reckoned with allover . AS ETD Practitioners we also feel that opposition is good for growth and sustainability.

 

Regards N Soobiah

Wise words indeed!! As Rooksana has said "who needs opposition when we have the NSDSIII." However such a National document has to be seen in the context of upliftment and skilling a largely dissatisfied youth. I applaud the recent iniatives of Blade, however this does not mean he should be able to walk a "Royal Road".There is always the danger of wearing an "Emporers Suit of Clothes".

We have to be honest here!! APPETD is not always perceived as a loud voice especially at times of crisis, but make no mistake APPETD has made incredible inroads into the government structures and it's contribution has been vast and far-reaching. Further its responses are measured and calm...there is no "knee-jerk" reaction. It has a long history of engagement and provides an element of "safety" for the small Provider.

I really do wonder about the future of those offering courses in the FE Band; in doing so can I suggest that all providers read Blade's Budget Vote speech delivered yesterday in the National Assembly. This clearly states where the billions are going and to whom. I applaud these developments and it shows deep insight into an ever increasing need of the country.  Quo Vadis the private provider?

TAPP over to you and its members!!

 

Paul

I have been a spectator thus far....but this debate subtly suggests a degree of arrogance from the Service Seta aligned forum/association.

 

The great need for cohesion amongs all stakeholders supercedes any criticism of ineffectiveness. Please - will the critics move closer to the APPETD and assert their sentiments there. Already so much time and money have been wasted on duplicitous acts, etc.

 

Let's be mature and put the country first - regardless!!

Forward to the APPETD! Good job guys.

Thanks.

Those who need a reminder...please go read the post at the URL below....it contradicts all the statements made above to defend the TAPP....com'on guys....lets grow up....

 

http://www.skills-universe.com/forum/topics/an-industry-unites

 

 

RSS

© 2014   Created by Alan Hammond.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service