Skills-Universe

Services Seta update: Processing of payments from the Services Seta has been underway since Tuesday 10th May and is continuing.

 

Dear SSPF Committee Members, Members, New Members, Potential and Future Members  

 

BREAKING NEWS

 

Our relentless efforts have paid dividend.

 

Processing of payments from the Services SETA have been underway since Tuesday 10th May and are continuing.

 

The meeting convened today, 13th May with acting CEO Mr Devan Naiker, resulted in further verbal commitment being relayed and the assurance given of fast tracking such in view of closing the gaps and addressing the backlog. More so, the need for clarity by the providers was raised once again and a response thereto was that clarity will be provided and matters addressed by Dr S. Moon and  DHET Minister: Dr Blade Nzimande via a series of 5 road shows across allocated provinces which has been confirmed. Watch the press for details.

 

URGENT NOTIFICATION:

 

In the interim all Members are requested to reconcile their outstanding accounts and to formulate detailed individual spreadsheets in this regard. Submission is via the KLM Empowered offices, or direct to the Services SETA. Please do not discard compliance requirements as per the SLA terms of reference as failure to adhere will result in non payment.

 

Communications are requested by Monday from all parties that may have concerns and questions that need addressing by Dr Blade Nzimande at the Road Shows. Please email to yourvoice@sspf.co.za

 

IT'S OFFICIAL -

 

For the Industry and Profession across Sectors and SETAS, Friday 13th May, marks a red letter day.

 

Today, the collective voice of the people has been formalised and the establishment of;

The Association for Professional Private Providers (TAPPP) is now official. 

 

By means of interdisciplinary collaborations and productive partnerships across regions, our mandate is the representation of the Professional Private Providers as a Professional Body and as the voice of the providers.

 

TAPPP aligns our strategy to meeting government's objectives, monitors quality standards, establishes the industry code of conduct and ethics, protects their future, ensuring sustainabilty through capacity building, CPD and the service delivery of learner centered, work-based integrated skills development and career placement initiatives nationally; 

 

We aim to advance knowledge and skills transfer and to address provincial, national and global critical challenges; servicing both learner and industry through the generation, broad dissemination and practical application of work-based integrated learning initiatives that lead to gainful employment and advances the profession, the industry, independents, learners and interns.

 

The Association for Professional Private Providers (TAPPP) are agents of change. We will lead in  our contribution towards meeting all objectives as determined, setting the wheels in motion for a knowledge and skills evolution for the 21st century.

 

Membership Applications and supporting information will be available on Monday 16th May to Providers, Employers, SME, NGO, Suppliers, Independents, Interns and Learners. Please send your enquiries to yourvoice@sspf.co.za

 

THE SYMPHONY OF A UNITED VOICE HAS BEEN HEARD 

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour

 

Tags: services, seta

Views: 42

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Lyn,

It seems like you are firing on all cylinders - now this I call very good news and must admit it should alleviate many of the doubts the private providers are having. I look forward to a must successful launch and trust all providers on Skills Univers will apply for membership by Tuesday.

Please just offer some clarificataion as the the potential conflict between APPETD and TAPPP - will this not be a potential stumbling block? Look forward to chatting soon 

Congratulations Lyn, well done in setting up this association.  Looking forward to a positive, constructive and active organisation in the interests of skills development nationally.

Hi Lyn, I work for a large training provider and I am sure we would be very interested in joining this association. One thing I would like to see is actual feedback to providers - emails on activities and actions of TAPPP and invitations to all providers to attend meetings or sessions. I don't think I have ever received any feedback from APPETD on email expect an invoice for our yearly payment. 

Hi Des

 

Thank you for your welcomed positive response to the formation of TAPPP. We to trust with confidence that the providers who are not members as yet, will join in solidarity to ensure that their voices are heard in the best interest of protecting the future of our industry, the jobs created within the industry and the extraordinary value that we bring to the beneficiaries of Skills Development; Learners, Interns, Communities, Business and Government.

 

In response to your question as raised regarding potential conflict between APPETD and TAPPP, as all Associations have their mandate which they are governed by and representative of in the best interest of their members, as does TAPPP.

 

As the voice of the Private Provider across industries, sectors and SETAs and of those who they service, TAPPP's mandate includes and calls for representation from all related collectives, Associations inclusive of APPETD, Professional Bodies, Organised Business and Organised Labour. Collaborative representation and open dialogue is essential for presence and positioning.

 

TAPPP invites and urges every Association that is representative of a profession and/or industry to join TAPPP as we collectively pursue the common goals of those who we represent as the private sector.

 

Email: yourvoice@sspf.co.za

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour


Des Squire said:

Hi Lyn,

It seems like you are firing on all cylinders - now this I call very good news and must admit it should alleviate many of the doubts the private providers are having. I look forward to a must successful launch and trust all providers on Skills Univers will apply for membership by Tuesday.

Please just offer some clarificataion as the the potential conflict between APPETD and TAPPP - will this not be a potential stumbling block? Look forward to chatting soon 

Hi Sylvia

 

We are just as excited, thank you for your continued and valued support.

 

On behalf of TAPPP, our Steering Committee who were tasked with the formation of the Association inclusive of now formalising the registration of the professional body with SAQA, Committee Members, Members and users, we extend our sincerest thanks to you and Alan for Skills Universe and for keeping us informed and updated. The Skills Universe has been an instrumental platform for the mobilisation of the Industry and Profession. With this availed platform and the assistance of superb key figures in the industry, the formation of a much needed voice has been possible.

 

Keep up the real time industry alerts and the great work you are performing for the greater good of all.

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour 

sylvia hammond said:

Congratulations Lyn, well done in setting up this association.  Looking forward to a positive, constructive and active organisation in the interests of skills development nationally.

Hi Tamsin

 

We are very excited at your positive response to the formation of TAPPP and yes, we concur that communication is key as is transparency and consistency, personally I share your sentiments and frustration in this regard.

 

It is our aim to establish effective communications through a variety of instruments including social media and manage our member databases effectively to ensure that communications are fluid.

 

We will be notifying all existing and new members electronically and publishing the date for the AGM in the media as soon as we have a date confirmed.

 

We look forward to registering and welcoming you and your organisation to TAPPP and to growing a strong and positive voice for all.

 

We will ensure to keep you posted via this medium in the interim until all memberships are formalised.

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour

 


Tamsin Puren said:

Hi Lyn, I work for a large training provider and I am sure we would be very interested in joining this association. One thing I would like to see is actual feedback to providers - emails on activities and actions of TAPPP and invitations to all providers to attend meetings or sessions. I don't think I have ever received any feedback from APPETD on email expect an invoice for our yearly payment. 

GREAT STUFF in setting up TAPPP. we should avoid the mistakes made by APPETD as mentioned by Tamsin. I have never heard from APPETD except when they want membership fees. i welcome the idea and look forward to participate in the TAPPP forum and enhancing the private providers contribution on skills development.

i beleive our voice will be heard on this organisation and sense of belonging will be harnessed.

regards

Solly Molefe - Setsmol Housing Education & Training Co.

sylvia hammond said:

Congratulations Lyn, well done in setting up this association.  Looking forward to a positive, constructive and active organisation in the interests of skills development nationally.
Welcome to the new kid on the block. Looking forward to see what the outcome /service delivery mode will be. SADEPA looks forward to working with you. SADEPA ETD is a professional body and our core focus is community development and development practice. (South African Development Practitioners Association in Education and Training)membership 7800

Hi Bernadette

 

Thank you for your welcome and positive response, TAPPP look forward to the opportunity of working with SADEPA and to engaging and collaborating with all Associations that have a shared vision.

 

As soon as the additional paper work in bedded down, we will schedule a date and advise accordingly within this week.

 

We will inform via this medium and via email.

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour



Bernadette perumal said:

Welcome to the new kid on the block. Looking forward to see what the outcome /service delivery mode will be. SADEPA looks forward to working with you. SADEPA ETD is a professional body and our core focus is community development and development practice. (South African Development Practitioners Association in Education and Training)membership 7800


Hi Solly

 

We are excited to take TAPPP to the next level and welcome all the support for this much needed initiative, thank you. Obama said, "together we can', TAPPP says, "together we will'.

 

Dialogue is key, and yes, TAPPP is hear to listen and to be heard. We look forward to announcing dates for our first AGM and to meeting our superb supporters that share the same passion and belief in the power of skills development.

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour

 
SOLOMON MOLEFE said:

GREAT STUFF in setting up TAPPP. we should avoid the mistakes made by APPETD as mentioned by Tamsin. I have never heard from APPETD except when they want membership fees. i welcome the idea and look forward to participate in the TAPPP forum and enhancing the private providers contribution on skills development.

i beleive our voice will be heard on this organisation and sense of belonging will be harnessed.

regards

Solly Molefe - Setsmol Housing Education & Training Co.

sylvia hammond said:

Congratulations Lyn, well done in setting up this association.  Looking forward to a positive, constructive and active organisation in the interests of skills development nationally.
Hi Lyn, As a member of the The Consult Group I congratulate you on your initiative and look forward to participating in the membership of TAPPP.

Hi Brian

 

We are thrilled to have your commitment and participation, thank you.

 

Our collective voice if growing by the minute and we look forward to announcing dates, times and venues regionally as we orchestrate our "TAPPP on TAPPP" Road Show.

 

We will keep you posted with the apps and process forward.

 

Please do spread the word.

 

TAPPP Chairperson: Lyn Mansour

Brian Moores-Pitt said:

Hi Lyn, As a member of the The Consult Group I congratulate you on your initiative and look forward to participating in the membership of TAPPP.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Alan Hammond.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service