Skills-Universe

The Minister of Labour has released the four labour law amendments that were recently approved by the Cabinet. The bills are open for public comment until te 17th of February 2011.

Tags: basic, bcea, conditions, employment, labour, law, minister, of, relations

Views: 105

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And here's the amendment to the BCEA.

Attachments:

Hi Alan and Sylvia

Thank you for attaching the various act and ammendments - good reading material for the holidays. I find it very strange that all of this should have happened at this time of year when most business people and key role players are either away or have closed down for the festive period. Makes one wonder if there is not in fact an ulterior motive in doing so.

COSATU are on the attack regarding the issue of labour brokers and the new legislation (first impression) appears to be another attempt by goverment at regulating without proper consultation or consideration of the consequences and impact.

The introduction of additional restrictive legislation is not going to assist in any way in the creation of jobs it will rather add to and increase the number of unemployed. 

No provision or allowance has been made to give credibility to SMME's or to assist them in any way - the intended legislation, if implemented, will in fact see the demise of many SMME's as it is becoming more and more difficult for SMMEs to deal with restrictive and strangling legislation. The proposals stifle in every respect any effert towards entrepreneurship and the creation of new enterprises.

The proposed legislation appears on  face value to have been poorly thought out, to have been rushed for whatever reasons, is amaturish in content and appears to serve no real purpose in assisting government in achieving any of it's objectives. It will certainly not assist any proposed "growth plans"    

Hi Des,

I clearly recall a similar thing happening before, where proposed changes were circulated late in December and it was February before everyone started to become aware of the proposals, as so many people take off a large part of January.

I'm hoping to spend some time next week going over the changes.  Regarding consultation, it occurs to me that there is no reason why we couldn't compile our responses into a submission to the Portfolio Committee.

Have a peaceful family Christmas and all the best for a successful new year.

Des Squire said:

Hi Alan and Sylvia

Thank you for attaching the various act and ammendments - good reading material for the holidays. I find it very strange that all of this should have happened at this time of year when most business people and key role players are either away or have closed down for the festive period. Makes one wonder if there is not in fact an ulterior motive in doing so.

COSATU are on the attack regarding the issue of labour brokers and the new legislation (first impression) appears to be another attempt by goverment at regulating without proper consultation or consideration of the consequences and impact.

The introduction of additional restrictive legislation is not going to assist in any way in the creation of jobs it will rather add to and increase the number of unemployed. 

No provision or allowance has been made to give credibility to SMME's or to assist them in any way - the intended legislation, if implemented, will in fact see the demise of many SMME's as it is becoming more and more difficult for SMMEs to deal with restrictive and strangling legislation. The proposals stifle in every respect any effert towards entrepreneurship and the creation of new enterprises.

The proposed legislation appears on  face value to have been poorly thought out, to have been rushed for whatever reasons, is amaturish in content and appears to serve no real purpose in assisting government in achieving any of it's objectives. It will certainly not assist any proposed "growth plans"    

Hi Sylvia

I think that is a gret idea but to get participation before February is going to be difficult. Have a lovely Christmas and all of the bst for a most enjoyable and prosperous new year. my regards and bset wishes to all. 

I will be off line till sometime in the new year as I am going away for some relaxing trout fishing. Will chat then. 

sylvia hammond said:

Hi Des,

I clearly recall a similar thing happening before, where proposed changes were circulated late in December and it was February before everyone started to become aware of the proposals, as so many people take off a large part of January.

I'm hoping to spend some time next week going over the changes.  Regarding consultation, it occurs to me that there is no reason why we couldn't compile our responses into a submission to the Portfolio Committee.

Have a peaceful family Christmas and all the best for a successful new year.

Des Squire said:

Hi Alan and Sylvia

RSS

© 2014   Created by Alan Hammond.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service