Skills-Universe

Is there any increasing demand for assessors and moderators in the work place and how does it vary from Province to Province.I am looking at relocating back to Durban,what's the demand in the KZN Province for example?

Interesting question and I would like to hear your views

regards

Paul

Views: 85

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Charlene

Thank you for your reply..

Yes that makes a lot of sense that the companies are permanently employing their own assessors due to costs..
How can i find out which companies have opportunities for permanently employed assessors? I was thinking maybe the Seta's could have some of that information for me?

Charlene Peens said:
Hi Paul
My experience is that most company's in the KZN region tend to employ their own assessors/moderators on a full time basis - or train and upskill existing staff in the company to become assessors. This is possibly because it is a cost saving if they do assessments on an ongoing basis and then the assessor/moderator can also be utilised in various other areas of the business.
The market related cost of an external moderator is between R800 and R1200 per PoE and most companies are just not prepared to pay that.
Hi Paul
The Setas should be able to assist, although they are quite hesitant to give out information on providers. Which field are you in?
I am a qualified assessor and trainer/facilitator registered with two Seta’s SASSETA(SAFETY AND SECURITY AND WHOLESALE AND RETAIL SETA..)

I have completed train the trainer and am currently doing my qualification as a moderator..

I am also very involved in Skills Development in our company..

I also have many years experience as a trainer in the wholesale retail industry.

Seems like jobs in Kzn are not easy to come by?

Charlene Peens said:
Hi Paul
The Setas should be able to assist, although they are quite hesitant to give out information on providers. Which field are you in?
You right about that. The "good" jobs are hard to get. Seeing that you are involved in W & R Seta, you may want to try the Spar training centre in Pinetown?
Unfortunately, i do not deal with SASSETA at all so i am unable to assist. If i hear of anything, i will definitely let you know. They do have an office in Durban, so they should be able to give you some ideas of where you can start looking. Good luck, i will keep my ears to ground.
Good morning Andre,

Thank you for the reply.... I fully agree with you when you say one needs to be registered as an Assessor.... My question: Where does one register as a facilitator?
I fully understand / agree that one needs to register as an assessor to assess against any credit bearing coarse... but as far as I know; there are NO registrations for facilitators..? I also fully understand that the ideal is / would be to have dual roles [being both a facilitator and assessor], but even with this scenario is it really the ideal to both train and assess the same group..? Will the trainer / assessor really be objective?

André van Wyk said:
Hennie, the quick answer is yes. You need to be a registered Assessor if you are facilitating/Assessing learners for qualifications/Unit Standrds (obviously) which are credit bearing (In the end issue Certificates of Competance). This is also part of the accreditation process. This applies to all private and public training providers

Hennie van der Merwe said:
Hi Thara,

I am also with a FET College.
Quick question please... Is this [“prerequisite” requirement] cold hard fact; written black in white for all seta’s; providers and colleges?
Trainer / facilitations registrations [as with / for assessors & moderators]?
Hi Charlene

I will definately try the Spar in Pinetown,if you have a contact person that would help a great deal..

Thank you

Paul

Charlene Peens said:
You right about that. The "good" jobs are hard to get. Seeing that you are involved in W & R Seta, you may want to try the Spar training centre in Pinetown?
Unfortunately, i do not deal with SASSETA at all so i am unable to assist. If i hear of anything, i will definitely let you know. They do have an office in Durban, so they should be able to give you some ideas of where you can start looking. Good luck, i will keep my ears to ground.
There was a lady by the name of "Sanet". Just cannot remember her surname. Sorry - age is catching up.
Agreed, Vicki! I've decided to buy a herd of goats and make cheese...

Vicki Louw said:
In response to Hennie's comment: You were lucky! I've given up trying to register as an assessor with Services Seta !!
Well must suggestion although there is a demand like the other has said it full employment will be difficult , however it will depends on how big is your scope , because the more scope you have the more your skill will be in need, then you can go on skills portal and post your qualification requisting to work in durban.
Hi Denise

Thank you for your response..

it is so true what you say that it's all about marketing yourself and the more diverse your services the more successful you will be.

I am facilitating and assessing at the moment..

On the wholesale and retial side,I have facilitated and assesses just over 100 learners at this stage.

Have a great

Be blessed

Kind regards

Paul

Denise Bonnelle said:
Hi Paul
When it comes to Assessors and Moderators you will find that some providers outsource some of this work as it is always better to have a few different assessors and moderators on the database so we can check for consistency in assessments and moderations. The SETA you are registered with does play an important role as well as the Unit Standards and Qualifications you are registered to assess/moderate. Besides Assessong and moderating, you should look at facilitating as well.
The name of the game is "marketing!" We will keep in touch.
Regards
Denise

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Alan Hammond.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service