Skills-Universe

Just saw the latest NEWS on Services Seta,

They have signed an MOU with a UK Based FET to capacitate 10 local FETs

- but WHY?

What could the UK based FET provide better or more

than a Private FET in partnership with the Public FET locally cannot already provide for?

IS the Setas in their endeavour to capacitate Pupblic FETs just IGNORING LOCAL resources already accredited by them?

Im CONFUSED?

Views: 1014

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Document from the website...

Attachments:

I could not agree more!

I know of many institutions who have a 100% success rate. All of these are based right here in SA with a unique perspective on local culture and challenges. Assuming their success rate is not by chance, they too have a succesful model.

Interesting that SSETA would choose to ignore the institutions they accredited. Is there something wrong with this SETA's quality assurance and accreditation process?

At the risk of being accused of suffering from the "not invented here syndrome", I do believe that local challenges should be left to local experts, and we certainly do have them.

Logging off to consider if I have just had my daily dose of humour or frustration.

If anyone is interested in purchasing some of my imported wines, frozen potjioekos or biltong, contact me.

Why is everybody confused? It's much easier to get a kickback from a UK-based organization than an SA one.Somebody's brother's cousin lives in the UK now and has swung the deal...    

Sounds very odd - we need to work locally and improve education here.............

An international accreditation perhaps..  so that more of our talent can leave the country?  

Unfortunately these courses will not entice people to leave the country. The UK is in such a state currently that leaving here to find work there is like jumping from the frying pan into the fire!

Astounding... absolutely astounding!

That sounds about right David! There are hundreds of local courses and qualifications accredited by SAQA - why not use local? Who is going to pay for learners to go on these courses? 

Have any of you actually tried working with the Services SETA? They probably should go down in the records as being the most useless organisation in the history of mankind.  So, a dumb decision like this doesn't surprise me one little bit.

Jacqui. You just made my day. I could not say this better. You just won yourself 10000000000 points with this. They USELESS, so why even bother.

If you have an overseas travel budget to spend, there's no point in looking for a local private FET as a partner.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Alan Hammond.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service