Skills-Universe

All Discussions Tagged 'development' (48)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Skills development practitioners saddened by the passing of Merlyn Mehl

This morning (30 January 2013) we received confirmation that Merlyn Mehl has passed away at his home.  Skills development practitioners wil…

Started by sylvia hammond

0 Jan 30, 2013

Thoughts for constructive 2013 New Year resolutions

The world didn’t come to an end in December 2012 as some had predicted based on the Mayan calendar, and 1 January 2013 brings the start of…

0 Dec 31, 2012

Deputy President Motlanthe launches the Proudly SA "Buy Local" expo

Deputy President Motlanthe launched the Proudly South African "Buy Local” Expo and Summit.  He reminded delegates to "buy local” as they en…

0 Nov 26, 2012

12 Useful tips on how to use books - other than burning them

I love my country passionately and equally passionately believe in education and skills development as the major route to reduce inequality…

13 Jun 26, 2012
Reply by Ian Webster

APPETD Press Release: Legal advisory committee initiated

The Association for Private Providers of Education, Training and Development (APPETD), initiated a Legal Advisory Committee to address and…

0 Jun 14, 2012

What skills development measures should HR or ETD be reporting on?

Many of the larger companies' human resource departments do report monthly/quarterly and annually on their skills development activities. …

0 Jun 6, 2012

What is relationship between OD (organisational development) & HR?

Dave Ulrich suggests that organisational development - managing change processes - will not succeed unless HR is involved - to ensure that…

0 May 31, 2012

SA needs a Skills Revolution and the working class must take responsibility for it

By Blade Nzimande, SACP General Secretary This week I attended an important gathering of UNESCO, focusing on sharing experiences on how to…

0 May 17, 2012

Contributor

STUDY EXCHANGE TOUR: AMERICA / SOUTH AFRICA

THSBS and Eazi Study thanks Dawn Harrison, Val Cullen and Ogwini High School in Umlazi, KwaZulu-Natal for helping facilitate the hosting of…

Started by Don Leffler

0 May 4, 2012

Are you aware of our e-Skills development strategy & e-Skills Institute?

At the end of last year, I became aware of the e-Skills Institute, which apparently falls under the Department of Communications.  The docu…

15 May 3, 2012
Reply by Colleen Mutch

RSS

© 2014   Created by Alan Hammond.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service