Time: February 13, 2012 from 4pm to 6pm
Location: Oude Molen Academy for Science and Technology, Jan Smuts Drive, Pinelands
Street: Jan Smuts Drive
City/Town: Cape Town
Website or Map: http://www.symphonia.net
Phone: 021 913 3507
Event Type: workshop
Organized By: Tayla Linford
Latest Activity: Feb 9, 2012
The School @ the Centre of Community (S@CC) project partners school principals in a one-on-one partnership for possibility with business and community leaders. This offers a joint leadership development journey. The aim of this journey is the creation and hosting of community building events that reignite community participation in schools.
Schools & Principals:
- Improved leadership skills.
- Opportunities to connect to and learn from business.
- Actively engage teachers, parents and communities that feel a sense of "ownership" in relation to the school.
- Parents become more active partners in education.
Improved quality of educational outcomes.
Benefits for Business & Community Leaders:
- Leadership development.
- Engagement with communities outside normal sphere of influence and frame of reference.
- Social responsibility investment that makes a direct impact within your own organization and in schools.
- Active citizenship in the area of education, one of the toughest challenges facing our country.
- Parents that are actively involved in education.
- Community that takes care of its schools and learners.
- Strengthened fabric of society.
- Improved relationships & networking within the community.
For more information & queries email: Schools@symphonia.net
For Bookings email: Schoolsadmin@symphonia.net
Alternatively Contact Melissa: 021 913 3507
Add a Comment