- This event has passed.
Social Media for Business
26th March 2013
About the course
Social Media tools can successfully be used for many elements of business life. This course will provide a sample social media policy for in house use, as well as case studies, examples and hands on practice for the successful use of social media tools to extend your business goals.
What we cover in the course:
- Clarifying the purpose of social media in different elements, roles or functions of the business
- Communicating those goals to different departments and levels of staff
- Allocating social media responsibilities and roles to different staff members or departments
Social Media Elements
- Time will be spent on Facebook and Twitter in terms of set up and effective use. (LinkedIn is dealt with in a separate course.)
- On Facebook we will look at creating the correct Business Page, loading images, increasing followers and engaging with fans, Facebook rules to be aware of, apps worth loading, Competitions and Facebook AdWords.
- On Twitter we will discuss finding people to follow, different ways of messaging people, Hash tags, Retweeting and other Twitter applications worth exploring.
- Visual content will be discussed and how to add them to the different media.
- Blogging will be explored and sample outlines will be prepared as an exercise. We will also look at where to find images for use for blogs, as well as the SEO benefits, customer education and marketing as well as internal employee support.
- Other elements will be included from time to time.
Hands on and exercises
We will work on Facebook and Twitter and have writing exercises for powerful and effective headlines and blog articles.
This course can be attended as a separate course, but there will be added value in terms of understanding and application if one attends the Social Media Marketing Magic course as well. The courses are different in that Social Media for Business will feature how to use these applications in various parts of the enterprise, as well as practical hands on work.
- This is a full day course (lunch is provided) from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Please bring your laptop and internet connection.
- The course costs 2,450 and a 10% discount is offered for 3 or more people from the same organization.
- Public courses are held in Gauteng, KZN and Cape Town and in-house courses are available on request.
- The benefit of providing for an in-house course for Social Media for Business is that you will be able to have the session focus on your business and industry, have valuable conversations and make decisions within your team and allocate and obtain agreement to social media responsibilities in a group session.
What is provided
- A workbook with comprehensive notes
- An electronic editorial calendar
- A CD with additional information
- A draft copy of a social media policy for employees
- Course attendance certificate
- A set of follow up emails to remind and encourage your use of social media in the workplace